MOZA Air 2
The Moza Air 2 Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer has been upgraded over previous versions with newly optimized high-torque motors, a 9.25 lb weight capacity, and many other features. The high weight capacity allows for a much wider range of cameras to be used, as well as wider combinations of cameras and lenses. The Air 2 also supports the optional Moza iFOCUS Intelligent Wireless Lens Control System, which comes in different versions to offer standard and automatic (with preset start/end points) focus and zoom control directly from the Air 2.
Another standout aspect of the Air 2 is that it clears and provides an unobstructed view of the camera LCD thanks to an angled motor arm. There is a total of 12 physical buttons for controlling the gimbal and camera, as well as adjusting settings such as shutter, aperture, and exposure compensation (where applicable). The joystick, smart wheel, and smart trigger controls are customizable in multiple combinations for different shooting styles. Most of the settings and customizations, as well as the gimbal status, are confirmed on an OLED display that provides intuitive information feedback.
The Air 2 features eight different operational modes, including single-axis and dual-axis modes such as pan follow and pan tilt follow (please see the Features section below for the full list). These modes allow for different shooting styles that Moza calls Sport Gear, FPV, Panorama, Tracking, and Inception styles. Inception, for example, allows you to rotate the camera as you push in on a subject.
The gimbal runs on four included lithium-ion 18650 batteries which provide up to 16 hours of runtime. The batteries are replaceable for continued operation. Designed with Moza's SPARK power supply system, the Air 2 has an input port that provides an alternate way of powering the gimbal, and three output ports for powering the camera and accessories using optional Moza adapter cables.
The Air 2 also offers various time-lapse functions including motion-lapse, tracking time-lapse, and zoom time-lapse, each allowing you to achieve a different look. Other features include an efficient auto-tuning system that selects optimal parameters based on your total load.
The Air 2 is easy to balance thanks to visual markers and other identifiable information. It also has a mechanical memory quick release system that helps readjust the camera without having to rebalance the gimbal. For tripod mounting and attaching accessories, the Moza Air 2 provides a 1/4"-20 threaded hole on the bottom of the handle and one on the side.
- Key Features
- 9.25 lb weight capacity
- Support for optional Moza iFOCUS Intelligent Wireless Lens Control System
- Provides unobstructed view of your camera's LCD
- 12 physical buttons for controlling the gimbal, camera, and settings
- Joystick, smart wheel, and smart trigger controls are customizable for different shooting styles
- OLED information feedback display
- 16-hour runtime off four included 18650 Li-Po batteries
- Input/output ports for powering the gimbal, camera, and accessories via optional Moza adapter cables
- Various time-lapse functions including motion-lapse, tracking time-lapse, and zoom time-lapse
- Intelligent auto-tuning system
- Visual markers/identifiable information for balancing
- Mechanical memory quick release system
- 1/4"-20 threaded hole on the bottom of the handle and one on the side
- 8 Operational Modes
- Pan follow / tilt follow / roll follow
- All follow / all locked
- Roll tilt follow / roll pan follow / pan tilt follow
- I/O Ports for Moza Adapter Cables
- 5.5mm 16 VDC input
- 2.0mm 7.8 VDC output
- 5.5mm 12 VDC output
- Multi CAN 7.8 VDC output
|Number of Axes||3-Axis (Pitch, Roll, Yaw)|
|Rotation Range||Yaw (Pan): 360°
Pitch (Tilt): 275°
|Load Capacity||9.25 lb / 4.2 kg|
|Ports||1 x Barrel (16 VDC Power) Input
1 x Barrel (7.8 VDC Power) Output
1 x Barrel (12 VDC Power) Output
1 x CAN (7.8 VDC Power) Output
|Battery Type||4 x 18650|
|Battery Runtime||16 Hours|
|Battery Chemistry||Lithium-Ion Polymer (LiPo)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 122°F / 0 to 50°C|
|Mounting||2 x 1/4"-20 Female Threads|
|Dimensions||9.06 x 9.45 x 18.5" / 23 x 24 x 47 cm|
|Weight||3.53 lb / 1.6 kg (with Battery)|