DJI RONIN-S Essentials Kit
Be in the Moment
Designed in a single-handed form factor for DSLR and mirrorless cameras,
the Ronin-S empowers creators to shoot with the freedom of stabilized shots on the move.
Max Operating Speed 1
Tested Payload Capacity 2
Max Battery Life
Imagine. Shoot. Create.
The Ronin-S gives independent filmmakers the power to capture spontaneous moments with clarity, smoothness, and a refreshing perspective.
SmoothTrack applies to all three axes. Hold down the front trigger to transition from Upright to Underslung Mode in one seamless movement with no gimbal framework obstruction. New Sport Mode allows you to capture fast-moving scenes instantly.
Professional Stability for Every Destination
The detachable, modular design of the Ronin-S makes it easy to fit inside a backpack on your travels. Thanks to the industry standard quick-release plate design, you can easily mount the camera onto the gimbal for tracking shots or on a tripod for stills.
The Ronin-S's innovative framework elevates camera payload above the roll axis, making the camera's built-in display obstruction free and always in your line of sight. In addition to providing an unobstructed view, the angled roll motor allows for more space to balance bulkier setups.
SmoothTrack technology allows you to transition from motion to camera angle with one hand. Switch between three user profiles with a simple click on the M button, and capture fast-moving objects in Sport Mode by holding it down.
Portable. Versatile. Ergonomic.
The ergonomic design of the Ronin-S frees unwanted shake when shifting from underslung to an upright position in one smooth take. The detachable design offers numerous usage scenarios. Mount it to an RC buggy for low-to-the-ground tracking shots or let it act as a stabilized remote head when attached to a jib. This detachment feature also makes it more convenient for easy storage.
Automated Creative Features
The most dramatic scenes unfold with imaginative, carefully planned shots. The Ronin-S includes a suite of automated features within the DJI Ronin app, letting you produce even more creative professional footage to unlock your true filmmaking potential.
- Camera Tray Dimensions Maximum depth from the center of gravity on the camera
- base plate: 98 mm
- Maximum height measured from top of the camera base plate: 150 mm
- Maximum width: 205 mm
- Accessory Port Mechanical: 1/4”-20, 3/8”-16 Mounting Hole, M4 Mounting Hole
- Electrical: 12V/2A Power Accessory Port, Camera Control Port, 8-pin Port
- Input Power Model: RB1-2400mAh-14.4V
- Type: 18650 LiPo
- Capacity: 2400 mAh
- Energy: 34.56 Wh
- Connections Bluetooth 4.0
- DJI Assistant 2 Requirements Windows 7 or above
- Mac OS X 10.11 or above
- Ronin App Requirements iOS 9.0 or above
- Android 5.0 or above
- Load Weight (Reference Value) 3.6 kg (Handheld)
- Angular Vibration Range ±0.02°
- Maximum Controlled Rotation Speed Pan axis: 360°/s
- Tilt axis: 360°/s
- Roll axis: 360°/s
- Mechanical Endpoint Range Pan axis: 360° continuous rotation
- Tilt axis: + 205° to - 115°
- Roll axis: + 230° to - 90°
- Controlled Rotation Range Pan axis: 360° continuous rotation (Roll 360 mode)
- Tilt axis: +180° to -90° (Upright Mode), +90° to -135° (Underslung and Flashlight Mode)
- Roll axis: ±30°, 360° continuous rotation
Mechanical & Electrical Characteristics
- Working Current Static current: ≈0.16 A
- Bluetooth Operating Frequency 2.4 to 2.48 GHz
- Bluetooth Transmitter Power 0 dBm
- Operating Temperature -4° to 113° F (-20℃ to 45℃)
- Weight Approx. 3.2 lb(gimbal only), Approx. 4.0 lb (gimbal and grip included)
- Dimensions Approx. 202×185×486 mm