SONY PXW-Z90 4K HDR XDCAM with Fast Hybrid AF
The Sony PXW-Z90V 4K HDR XDCAM camcorder offers phase-detection autofocus (AF) and HDR capabilities in a compact, palm-style body. Suitable for corporate events, broadcast news, and television production, the PXW-Z90V camcorder features a stacked 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor with UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution, a 12x Zeiss optical zoom, an OLED viewfinder, and 3.5" touchscreen LCD monitor. It can record 4K in XAVC Long at 4:2:0, HD in XAVC Long at 4:2:2 10-bit, as well as MPEG HD at 4:2:2 (requires optional license key). S-Log3/S-Gamut3 functions offer users additional image control. Additional features include built-in 2.4/5 GHz for multiple streaming via RTMP/RTMPS protocols and FTP options.
The PXW-Z90V's Fast Hybrid AF uses high-density placement of autofocus points and a newly developed AF algorithm to offer highly accurate focusing and tracking—a boon when shooting UHD 4K, especially for individual operators. In movie recording mode, use the appearance of phase-detection AF frames to monitor your subject's focus. The PXW-Z90V's 3.5" touchscreen is used to quickly switch focus among subjects. AF Drive Speed, Tracking Depth Range, and Subject Switching Sensitivity can each be configured to suit different subjects and content styles.
Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) enables you to future-proof your output by smoothly integrating your 4K recordings into an HDR workflow without the need for color grading during post-production. Capture images with high-quality contrast and resolution using the PXW-Z90V's 12x optical Zeiss zoom, and 18x 4K digital zoom (24x in HD). An integrated ND filter function enables greater exposure and depth-of-field control.
The PXW-Z90V camera supports Sony's Slow and Quick Motion for shooting HD video at variable frame rates, including 120 fps. Recording to a variety of formats, frame rates, and codecs, the camcorder supports 100 Mb/s XAVC Long recording of 4K UHD video at up to 29.97p, and 50 Mb/s capture of HD up to 59.94p. Footage is recorded to two SD memory card slots, either simultaneously to both cards or in relay mode to create a backup. The PXW-Z90V's 3G-SDI output offers integration with professional studio environments.
The PXW-Z90V provides external microphone support via two 3-pin XLR audio inputs (line, mic, mic +48V phantom) and a 3.5mm mini input. You can also use the PXW-Z90V's built-in microphone to record audio when shooting. For multicamera productions, the PXW-Z90V integrates seamlessly with Sony's MCX-500 live switcher (available separately).
- Image Sensor 1-Chip 1" CMOS Sensor
- Effective Sensor Resolution 14.2 MP
- Gain -3 to 33 dB
- Minimum Illumination 1.7 Lux at 1/30 Shutter Speed
- White Balance Range 2300 to 15,000K
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length 29mm
- Max Digital Zoom 48x
- Minimum Aperture f/2.8 to 4.5
- Minimum Focusing Distance Wide: 0.4" / 1.0 cm
- Telephoto: 39.4" / 100.1 cm
- Image Stabilization Optical
- Shutter Speed 1/6 to 1/10,000 sec
- Built-In ND Filter Mechanical Filter Wheel with 2 Stop (1/4), 4 Stop (1/16), 6 Stop (1/64) ND Filters
- Built-In Microphone Type Stereo
- Recording Media 1 x SDXC/Memory Stick PRO Duo Hybrid Card Slot
- 1 x SDXC Card Slot
Recording Modes XAVC:
- 3840 x 2160p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps (60 to 100 Mb/s)
- 1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94 fps (35 to 50 Mb/s)
- 1920 x 1080i at 50/59.94 fps (25 to 50 Mb/s)
- 1280 x 720p at 50/59.94 fps (50 Mb/s)
- 1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94 fps (24 to 28 Mb/s)
- Variable Frame Rates UHD: 1 to 30 fps
- 1080p: 1 to 120 fps
Audio Recording 2-Channel 24-Bit 48 kHz
- Video Connectors 1 x HDMI Output
- 1 x BNC (Composite) Output
- 1 x BNC (3G-SDI) Output
- Audio Connectors 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Stereo Headphone Output
- 2 x 3-Pin XLR Mic/Line Level (+48 V Phantom Power) Input
- Other I/O 1 x USB Micro-B
- 1 x USB Micro-B Control
- 1 x 2.5 mm LANC Control
- Wireless Interfaces 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz Wi-Fi
- Display Type Articulating LCD
- Size 3.5"
- Resolution 1,560,000 Dot
- EVF Display Type OLED
- Screen Size .39"
- EVF Resolution 2,360,000 Dots
- Power Connectors 1 x Barrel Input
- Power Consumption 6.9 W
- Storage Temperature -4 to 40°F / -20 to 60°C
- Tripod Mount 1/4"-20 Female
- Dimensions 5.1 x 7.1 x 11.3" / 130 x 181.5 x 287 mm
- Weight 2.2 lb / 1020 g
- Warranty Length None