HXR-NX200 is an affordable, compact camcorder with a big 1.0-type sensor and new colour reproduction for superb 4K or Full-HD image quality. It offers all the professional features you need with refined manual controls including three independent manual lens rings, smart fully auto options and more.
4K or HD : Simply superb image quality
A large, 20 megapixel* 1.0 type sensor delivers stunning image quality in 4K (3840×2160) or Full-HD at 50Mbps. Its 1.0 sensor is brighter, has higher resolution and offers more bokeh with a shallow depth of field. NX200 gives you the flexibility to work the way you want to.
Well-balanced colour reproduction
Natural skin colours and rich mid-range colours deliver vivid, yet true-to-life imagery regardless of exposure setting. It’s perfect for capturing live events such as seminars, weddings and houses of worship. NX200’s newly developed gamma curve provides a vibrant look ready to share as soon as you export.
The professional’s choice
There’s no need to choose between professional features and superb 4K imaging at an entry level price-point. Advanced manual controls, including three independent manual lens rings, built-in 4-step ND filters and class-leading 4K and Full-HD performance make NX200 a choice you can rely upon for live events, corporate, education and wedding videography.
Stunning quality from a large 1.0 type sensor
The HXR-NX200’s single 20 megapixel* 1.0 type Exmor R CMOS sensor is approximately the same size as a 16mm film frame and seven times larger than three 1/4.7 type sensors combined. The key benefit of this large size is low noise and less blur because more light reaches the sensor, offering clear and steady pictures even in a dark scene with minimum illumination 1.7 lux**. The large sensor size also enables beautiful background defocussing (bokeh) to enable you to focus on what you want to show and defocus the rest of the image.
Picture Profiles with New Gamma Curve
The default look for NX200 uses an all-new gamma curve specifically developed to accurately realize brilliant and deep colors, with true-to-life skin tones. Tuned in consultation with leading videographers, it avoids oversaturation of brightly lit subjects and provides a more natural look. The NX200 has six Picture Profile settings to choose from, each of which can be individually customised to your requirements.
Sony G Lens with 24x Clear Image Zoom (FHD)
A fixed 29mm wide-angle lens with 12x optical zoom makes it easy to capture even the most expansive landscape scenes while also offering superb clarity and sharpness – maximising the performance of the NX200’s large 1.0 type sensor.
The G Lens is Sony’s own camera lens family, designed and manufactured to the high standards of optical performance.
In addition, your ability to get into close with the most distant scenes is aided by Sony’s advanced Clear Image Zoom feature. Once you’ve zoomed in at maximum 12x optical magnification, By Pixel Super Resolution Technology can enlarge the image by an additional 150% in 4K and 200% in HD while still preserving image quality. In addition, zoom performance can be doubled at any point with a digital extender by up to 24x.
- Mass Approx 1800 g (body) Approx. 3 lb 15 oz (body) Approx. 2100 g (with lens hood, eyecup, NP-F570 battery) Approx. 4 lb 10 oz (with lens hood, ,eyecup, NP-F570 battery)
- Dimensions (W x H x D)*1 171.3 x 187.8 x 371.3 mm (With the accessories (lens hood, large eyecup), excluding the grip belt and including the projecting parts) 6 3/4 x 7 1/2 x 14 5/8 inches (With the accessories (lens hood, large eyecup), excluding the grip belt and including the projecting parts)
- Power Requirements DC In: 8.4V Battery: 7.2 V
- Power Consumption Approx. 5.7 W (while recording with viewfinder and AVCHD 1080/60i FX) Approx. 5.9 W (while recording with LCD and AVCHD 1080/60i FX)
- Operating Temperature 0°C to 40°C 32°F to 104°F
- Storage Temperature -20°C to +60°C -4°F to +140°F
- Battery Operating Time Approx. 150 min. with NP-F570 battery (while recording with LCD, AVCHD 1080/50i FX) Approx. 240 min. with NP-F570 battery (while playing with LCD, AVCHD 1080/50i FX)
- Recording Format (Video) XAVC S：MPEG4-AVC/H264 4:2:0 Long profile AVCHD : MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format compatible DV
- Recording Format (Audio) XAVC S 4K : Linear PCM 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz XAVC S HD : Linear PCM 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz AVCHD : Linear PCM 2ch, 16-bit, 48 kHz / Dolby Digital 2ch, 16-bit, 48 kHz DV : Linear PCM 2ch, 16-bit, 48 kHz
- Recording Frame Rate XAVC S 4K (3840 x 2160)@25p, 100Mbps/60Mbps XAVC S HD (1920 x 1080)@50p, 25p, 50 Mbps AVCHD (1920 x 1080)@50p, PS mode (28 Mbps) AVCHD (1920 x 1080) @50i/25p, FX mode (24 Mbps) FH mode(17 Mbps) AVCHD (1440 x 1080)@50i, HQ mode (9 Mbps) LP mode (5 Mbps) AVCHD (1280 x 720)@50p, FX mode (24 Mbps) FH mode (17 Mbps) HQ mode ( 9 Mbps) DV (720 x 576) @50i, 25 Mbps
- Recording/Playback Time XAVC S [email protected] 2ch 100 Mbps Approx. 75 min with 64 GB memory card XAVC S [email protected] 2ch 60 Mbps Approx. 125 min with 64 GB memory card XAVC S [email protected] 2ch 50 Mbps Approx. 155 min with 64 GB memory card [email protected] 2ch PS Mode Approx. 290 min with 64 GB memory card Approx. 145 min with 32 GB memory card [email protected] 2ch FX Mode Approx. 340 min with 64 GB memory card Approx. 170 min with 32 GB memory card [email protected] 2ch FH Mode Approx. 450 min with 64 GB memory card Approx. 225 min with 32 GB memory card DV Approx. 280 min with 64 GB memory card Approx. 140 min with 32 GB memory card
- Lens Mount Fixed
- Zoom Ratio 12x (optical), servo
- Focal Length f = 9.3 - 111.6 mmequivalent to f = 29.0 - 348.0 mm on 35 mm lens (16:9) equivalent to f = 35.5 - 426.0 mm on 35 mm lens (4:3)
- Iris F2.8 - F11 auto/manual selectable
- Focus AF/MF selectable, 10 mm to ∞ (Wide), 1000 mm to ∞ (Tele)
- Image Stabilizer ON/OFF selectable, shift lens
- Filter Diameter M62 mm
- Imaging Device (Type) 1.0-type (13.2 mm x 8.8 mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Effective Picture Elements Approx. 14.2 M pixels (16:9)/Approx. 10.6 M pixels (4:3)
- Built-in Optical Filters OFF: Clear, 1: 1/4ND, 2: 1/16ND, 3: 1/64ND
- Minimum Illumination [50i] 1.7 lux (LOW LUX mode)
- Shutter Speed [50i]: 1/6 -1/10,000
- Slow & Quick Motion Function [50i]: 1080p: Frame rate selectable 126.96.36.199.12.25,50 fps
- White Balance Preset (Indoor: 3200K, Outdoor: 5600K±7 steps, Color temparature set range: 2300-15000K), Onepush A, B, Auto selectable
- Gain -3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12,15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33 dB, AGC
- Gamma Curve Selectable
- Audio Input XLR-type 3-pin (female) (x2), line/mic/mic +48 V selectable
- Video Output BNC (x1), Composite 1.0Vp-p, 75 Ω
- Audio Output RCA pin
- USB Multi/Micro USB jack (x1)
- Headphone Output Stereo mini jack (x1)
- Speaker Output Monaural
- DC Input DC jack
- Remote Stereo mini mini jack (x1)
- HDMI Output Type A (x1)
- Viewfinder 0.6cm(0.24 type) Approx. 1.56 M dots.
- LCD 8.8 cm (3.5 type) Approx. 1.56 M dots.
- BUILT-IN MICROPHONE
- Built-in Microphone Omni-directional stereo electret condenser microphone.
- Type Memory Stick Pro Duo(TM) and SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible (x1) SD/SDHC/SDXC (x1)