Canon High Definition Camcorder XF300
The XF305 and XF300 camcorders are a landmark addition to Canon's professional High Definition camcorder range. Featuring a new Full HD 50Mbps MPEG-2 4:2:2 codec, CompactFlash recording and a totally new camera system - including a 3CMOS sensor array and 18x zoom L-series HD Video Lens - these revolutionary camcorders bring broadcast-quality HD video within reach of all professional filmmakers.
Who are they for?
The XF305 and XF300 camcorders will appeal to a wider spectrum of users from documentary to action, studio to news, sports and more than any existing Canon professional camcorder.
Sophisticated Canon camera technologies and a new MPEG-2 codec deliver the kind of outstanding imaging performance required by broadcasters and post-production houses, whilst multi-camera connectivity provides straightforward integration into studio environments.
For smaller-scale or mobile productions the XF305 and XF300 offer a unique combination of image quality, affordability and compact form factor, allied with extensive customisation options to suit individual users.
Straightforward workflow integration is key during video production and is catered for thanks to additional 35Mbps and 25Mbps recording modes, industry-standard MXF file format and compatibility with all of the major NLE software packages.
The potent combination of outstanding image quality, connectivity options, user customisation, straightforward workflow and wide-ranging editing compatibility means the XF305 and XF300 set a quality benchmark that will appeal to a wide range of users. These include freelance camera operators, broadcast professionals, filmmakers, electronic news gatherers, high-end enthusiasts and creative industry professionals who will appreciate an affordable, forward thinking solution to their film-making needs.
Front right side view of the XF305 showing the audio inputs (centre, bottom), ergonomic body design, and HD-SDI, Genlock, Timecode and Video 2 connections (left).
- MPEG-2 Full HD 4:2:2 recording on CompactFlash at up to 50Mbps.
- Two CF slots for continuous (relay) recording.
- MXF file format for workflow compatibility.
- 18x L-series HD Video Lens, f/1.6 max., 29.3mm wideangle (35mm equivalent).
- Optical Image Stabilizer Standard, Powered or Dynamic.
- Three 2.07Mpixel 1/3 type CMOS sensors.
- 10.1cm, 1.23 Mdot LCD panel; 1.55 Mdot EVF, both with 100% coverage.
- Variable frame rate recording (12-50fps).
- DIGIC DV III image processor.
- Independent audio controls and XLR inputs.
- Extensive customisation options, including 26 Custom Pictures.
- Studio connectivity - HD-SDI, Genlock, Timecode (XF305 only).