Sea Dragon 2300 Auto Light Head
2300 Lumens for photo, video, and dive
The Sea Dragon 2300 Auto boasts 2300 true lumens of brightness. Powered by a rechargeable 7.4 lithium ion battery, the light burns for a full hour at 100% power at constant brightness with its new CREE XP-L LEDs. The light features an Auto Flash Detect Mode that turns off the light for 1 second when an external flash is detected. Auto Flash Detection helps eliminate undesirable shadows, color shifts or backscatter.
Automatically regulated brightness for optimal performance
The Sea Dragon 2300 Auto has an exciting new feature that will preserve your underwater eyesight and your battery: Auto-Brightness. Select the Auto-brightness feature as one of the four brightness options and the 2300 light's photocell light sensor will automatically regulate brightness based on proximity to the object in 10-step brightness levels; look at something close like a gauge or your computer and the light will reduce to 10% brightness output, look at a long distance and the light automatically adjusts to full power. This feature can be easily over-ridden if a constant brightness level is preferred by simply selecting the 100%, 50% or 25% Brightness through the main control button.
A powerful light in a compact package
Featuring a wide, 100-degree beam angle (75-degrees underwater) that's perfect for cameras with a wide field of view, the light operates with only a single button, quickly adjusts between 4 power options, and is depth rated to 330 feet/100 meters.
Easily expand with Flex-Connect accessories
Quickly and easily expand Sea Dragon lighting with Flex-Connect - add grips, Flex Arms, trays and other accessories with just a "click!" Flex-Connect allows you to transform your camera set from compact to full-featured in just seconds, providing a quick way to adjust to any dive environment.
- Powerful 2300 lumen LED light using the latest LED technology, featuring 6x CREE XP-L LEDs
- One button control for easy operation - one button to power light on/off and select brightness
- Four brightness controls: 100%, 50%, 25% and Automatic with 10-step automatic brightness control (based on distance to subject)
- 60 minute burn time at full power and constant brightness
- Depth rated to 330 feet/100 meters
- Easy to expand with Flex-Connect™ trays, grip and Flex Arms
- Quick-release button to detach light and aim in crevices and hard to reach areas
- Auto Bright Mode dims the light based off of proximity to an object from 100% to 10%
- Auto Flash Detect Mode turns light off for 1 second when external flash is detected
- 100° wide beam angle (75° underwater) evenly illuminates the subject with no hot spots
- Corrosion-proof metal light head for heat dispersion and durability
- Removable 7.4V Rechargeable Li-Ion battery w/ charger and international plug adapters included
- Waterproof battery compartment keeps electronics dry in case of accidental leak
- Universal mounting screw fits SeaLife and other brands of underwater cameras w/ standard ¼-20 tripod mount
|Body Material||Anodized aluminum light head with fiber-reinforced polycarbonate body|
|Light Source/Bulb Type||6 x 3W LED Light (CREE XP-L LEDs)|
|Brightness||2300 lumens (maintains 2300 lumens throughout burn time at full power)|
|Effective Range||4 ft/1.2 m (depends on camera model and visibility)|
|Brightness Control||100%, 50%, 25%, and Auto (adjusts from 10% to 100%)|
|Color Temperature||5000 ~ 6000K|
|Color Rendering Index||70|
|Beam Angle||100 degree (75 degree underwater)|
|Battery||Lithium Ion 7.4V, 3400 mAh, 25Wh (included)|
|Battery Charge Time||170 minutes|
|Run Time||60 minutes at full power/120 minutes at half power/240 minutes at quarter power|
|Depth||Tested to 330 feet/100 meters|
|Light Modes||Full power (100%), half power (50%), quarter power (25%), and Auto (adjusts from 10% to 100%)|
8.5" x 9.5" x 2.3" (22cm x 24cm x 6cm), fully assembled with light head, battery, grip and tray
|Weight||23 ounces (652 grams), light head, battery, grip and tray|
|Bulb Life||35,000 hours|
|O-ring||Dual NBR o-rings (lube included)|
*CRI is a measure of a light source's ability to show object colors "realistically" or "naturally" compared to daylight, which has a CRI of 100 and represents the maximum value.
The beam angles for the Sea Dragon lights are shown as the true, tested “in-air” (above water) beam angle. Underwater, due to light refraction, the angle tightens to approximately 33% less.
Avoid using this Sea Dragon light above water for prolonged periods of time
The light is designed for underwater use and water is needed to displace heat. The metal light head at full power will reach temperature of about 140F (60C) degrees within a few minutes, which may cause burning if touched. A thermal sensor will automatically dim the light if internal temperatures reaches 150F (65C) degrees. Immediately turn off light if any parts of the light become hot to the touch.