The New Shape of Wireless Freedom
340.00 - 354.00 MHz, US FCC / IC Frequency
433.42 - 434.42 MHz, CE Frequency
The smallest PocketWizard radio ever, the MiniTT1™ Transmitter locks onto the camera's hot shoe supporting an on-camera flash with its own hot shoe while working with remote PocketWizard units. Remotes can be one or more PocketWizard FlexTT5™ Transceivers connected to Canon E-TTL II flashes or any PocketWizard Receiver for triggering flash or remote cameras.
The MiniTT1 Transmitter is easy to use; just slide in place and begin to shoot. The new PocketWizard ControlTL™ System interprets the complex E-TTL II data being sent through the camera's hot shoe and digitally transmits it in a reliable radio signal. Change the flash compensation dial on the camera, and those commands pass seamlessly through the system to your remote flash. Adjust your shutter speed, aperture or ISO and the system corrects for those changes. A ratio command set on the flash or command unit passes through the MiniTT1 to set the remotes. PocketWizard ControlTL radio communication allows you to shoot farther, faster, around corners, through walls even at high noon in bright daylight. Now you can deploy a wireless flash system wherever you want, without infrared limitations, in seconds.
Use the MiniTT1 for standard triggering with any PocketWizard Receiver including the FlexTT5, PlusII or MultiMAX. When used this way with a digital camera, you can take advantage of PocketWizard's HyperSync Technology that allows up to 1/500th of a second camera sync with many camera/strobe set-ups. HyperSync allows you to advance the timing of your flash trigger so that faster than X-sync speeds can be achieved.
Need more speed? Push your ControlTL system beyond 1/500th and go into FP/High-Speed Sync mode automatically. No buttons to press or settings to change other than your shutter speed will give you flash sync all the way to 1/8000th.
A new PocketWizard Utility download is provided to support the MiniTT1 via a USB port. The Utility allows you to configure your channel settings, dial in your HyperSync timing, adjust your sleep-mode timers and update your product to the latest firmware.
The PocketWizard MiniTT1 Transmitter is the start of a new era in wireless trigger control.
MiniTT1 Transmitter TECHNOLOGY: Click on any of the Technology icons below to learn more
MiniTT1 Transmitter UPDATES:
The Canon 430EXII is recommended for those needing extended range performance.
- Click here for details on ControlTL Firmware Updates and Utility download.
- Click here for AC5 RF Soft Shield installation instructions.
- Click here for details on range extending solutions of the 430 EX, 580EX & 580EX II Canon flashes
AVAILABILITY: FCC/IC 340 - 354 MHz PocketWizard Radios are available in the USA & Canada. CE 433.42 - 434.42 MHz PocketWizard radios are available in many countries throughout the word.
Click here for a frequency list by country.
For a Nikon ControlTL System availability update, click here.
For other markets, click here.
* PocketWizard radio systems utilize different frequencies in different markets to meet performance and regulatory requirements. We can not provide proper warranty service for products shipped out of their intended market.
Click here for more information regarding PocketWizard frequency.
INSTRUCTION (OWNER'S) MANUAL: Click on the link below to download the current MiniTT1/FlexTT5 Owner's Manual plus Addendums. We have added five Addendums to the original Manual since we launched the MiniTT1 and FLexTT5. When you open the downloaded PDF, you will see the latest Addendum 5.000 followed by the CE 433 MHz Addendum and then Addendums 4.300, 4.250 and 4.100 respectively. The last section of the PDF contains the original Owner's Manual. We are in the process of integrating all the Addendums into one Manual so please check back for a complete Owner's Manual.
Download Instruction Manual
The New Shape of Wireless Freedom. Built on the new ControlTL platform, the dedicated MiniTTI Transmitter, with both E-TTL II and Manual Remote Control capability, is the perfect on-camera PocketWizard solution for any Canon digital camera.
- ControlTL™: PocketWizard's newest firmware platform taps into the camera's digital communications to enable an entirely new level of remote flash capability through our proven radio system. ControlTL allows remote TTL for Canon E-TTL II systems as well as Manual Power Control. ControlTL firmware is configurable and upgradeable for "future-proof" continuous improvement. Find more details on ControlTL here.
- Manual Power Control: Adjust the manual power settings of your remote Canon Speedlites directly from a 580EX II flash mounted on your on-camera MiniTT1 or FlexTT5. Working with a Canon 580EX II in the shoe of the MiniTT1 or FlexTT5, you can independently control the power output of up to three groups of lights (you can have as many lights in each group as you want) from full power down to the lowest setting simply through the user interface on the back of the 580EX II. Now you can work with total control with your remote lights, without leaving your shooting position.
- Power Tracking: When working in E-TTL II you can change any of your control settings on your flash or camera and the system adjusts for those changes. Change your flash compensation to adjust the exposure or make adjustments in shutter speed, aperture or ISO and the system balances your flash for proper exposure.
- Optimized HSS: When HyperSync can't keep up, High Speed Sync takes over for Speedlite flash photography all the way to 1/8000. ControlTL optimizes this amazing feature and provides more light (which equals greater working distance), faster recycling times and more flashes per battery set when shooting in Canon's HSS/FP Flash mode. Use this feature to shoot wide open in bright sun for amazing results.
Click here to watch a detailed video on Optimized High Speed Sync as narrated by Photographer Mark Wallace.
- Pre-Flash Boost: In some E-TTL situations, including shooting in full sun, over long distance or using diffusers or bounce flash, the normal pre-flash is simply not enough for the camera to see. With Pre-Flash Boost, the pre-flash is two stops brighter. This will approximately double the working distance of E-TTL II, compensating for the light loss when defusing or bouncing.
- HyperSync™: HyperSync allows photographers to achieve faster X-sync speeds with full power flash. Now you can cut the ambient light and use wide-open apertures, outdoors in bright sunlight. That extra speed can also freeze action, whether shooting models or athletes in motion.HyperSync works with both TTL speedlites and full size studio flash. All you need is a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 on camera that has been tuned to your specific camera via the PocketWizard Utility. While performance varies by the camera and flash equipment being used, HyperSync will get the maximum possible out of any set-up.
- Optimized Rear Curtain Sync: Precise rear curtain sync capability is engaged automatically, no buttons to press. Set the shutter speed at which rear curtain sync is engaged with the PocketWizard Utility. Capture natural light trails with sharp exposures at the end - no "after trails!"
- Basic Trigger Mode: Allows the MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 to work as a transmitter on ANY camera it will fit. Anyone looking for the small form factor of the MiniTT1 can use it on other DSLRs, SLRs or even medium format cameras with standard hot shoes. The MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 are completely reverse compatible with all previous PocketWizards so they will work with whatever PocketWizards you already own.
- PocketWizard Compatible: The MiniTT1 operates on the same channels as all other PocketWizards and will work with any unit you may already have.
- PocketWizard Utility - Programmable and Upgradeable: Use the supplied PocketWizard Utility software with the on-board USB port to program the MiniTT1 to any PocketWizard channel and zone as well as many other custom settings. The MiniTT1 can be upgraded whenever updates and feature enhancements are available (many planned!).
- Channels / Learn Mode: The MiniTT1 has two channel configuration settings; C1 and C2. Each can be programmed as needed with up to 20 ControlTL channels* for TTL photography or Manual Power Control, or 32 standard channels** for manual flash photography. Channels can be configured with the PocketWizard utility or use the Learn function to quickly program channels, or the reset function to configure back to factory settings.
* - 20 ControlTL channels for FCC/IC 344 MHz radios and three ControlTL channels for CE 433 MHz radios.
** - 32 Standard channels for FCC/IC 344 MHz radios and 35 Standard channels for CE 433 MHz radios.
- Dedicated E-TTL II Triggering: Locking your MiniTTI Transmitter into the hot shoe of a Canon DSLR camera and mounting E-TTL II flashes onto FlexTT5 Transceivers gives you full autoflash exposure control with the freedom and reliability of a PocketWizard radio. There are no special settings to make or modes to call up. Use the camera, on-camera flash or flash commander controls for flash compensation, zone and ratio control.
- ZoneControl: Add the AC3 ZoneController on top of your MiniTT1 and gain three zones of power control right from the camera's position. Works in both auto/E-TTL II and manual. Shut down an entire zone with the flick of a switch.
AC3 ZoneController sold separately. Available late May, early June, 2010.
- Continuous Fast FPS: Never before have you been able to shoot remote E-TTL non-stop in continuous high-speed mode. Fill the buffer! Nothing else comes close.
- High Speed Sync (HSS or FP Sync) Disable Mode. Select either HSS Sync or HyperSync™ at shutter speeds at or over 1/640. This allows you to use HyperSync and the benefit of full power flash all the way up to 1/8000 with certain flash systems.
- Automatic HSS Trigger Timing for Manual Flash. This allows you to mix a manual flash with an E-TTL II flash in HSS/FP Sync shots at 1/640 and above with certain flash systems.
- Auto Trigger Select for ControlTL: The hot shoe on both the MiniTT1 and Flex TT5 will trigger just about any hot shoe flash placed into it in addition to the Canon Speedlites it is designed for. Yes, you can now fire just about any hot shoe flash including Vivatar, Nikon, etc., in manual mode only and not TTL mode. (max trigger voltage < 50V, use P2 port for up to 200V)
- Low-Profile Design: The MiniTT1 Transmitter is the smallest PocketWizard ever, utilizing an internal antenna and common coin-cell battery. At just 2.3oz (65 grams) you barely realize it's on the camera.
- Built-in Hot Shoe: Lock your Canon flash into the FlexTT5's dedicated hot shoe and combine your remote flash with on-camera flash or use the on-camera flash for additional E-TTL II or Manual Power Control only. The metal and glass reinforced resin hot shoe assembly is a superstructure onto itself and incredibly durable. The best part; no more cords.
- Power Saver: The MiniTT1 Transmitter will go to sleep 10 seconds after your camera does to conserve energy. Just touch the shutter button half way to wake both the camera and the MiniTT1. It works on the supplied CR2450 coin cell battery (or optional CR2354 for in the field options) that provide hundreds of hours of battery life.
The Most Versatile PocketWizard Radio Ever. The FlexTT5 Transceiver maximizes both E-TTL II and Manual Remote Control capability of Canon photographic equipment by greatly expanding their operating environment. Lock your flash into the FlexTT5 built-in hot shoe, turn it on and you are ready to shoot. With 32 standard triggering channels, 20 E-TTL II channels and Multi-zone capability, it's the perfect MultiMAX partner. But wait, there's more...
Source : http://www.pocketwizard.com