Phottix Multi-Boom 28" Flash Bracket and Boom Arm
The Phottix Multi Boom 28" offers increase functionality, allowing more flashes and larger softboxes to be mounted, and with a more balanced position over the lightstand.
Umbrellas softboxes from Phottix and other manufacturers are great lighting modifiers. Easy to transport and use, fast to set-up - but there's one big drawback: Because of the design they are almost impossible to tilt on a traditional light stand.
Phottix has realized this flaw and overcome it. Building on the success of the Phottix Multi Boom 16" - the new Phottix Multi Boom 28" offers increase functionality, allowing more flashes and larger softboxes to be mounted, and with a more balanced position over the lightstand.
Maneuvering a softbox is even easier now using the Multi Boom 28's built in hand grip. Full tilt, and swivel motion is now possible.
Multi Boom's bracket mounts in a standard umbrella swivel. The boom holds four flashes on axis with the umbrella shaft, and allows an umbrella softbox or umbrella to be tilted.
A single flash mount is also now included, allowing a single flash to be mounted centrally. And an integrated short column also provides a compact bracket option.
Available as the Phottix Multi Boom 28" or as a combo with Multi Boom 28" and Phottix Varos II BG Umbrella Adapter.
The Multi Boom 28" Features:
- Mount one to four flashes with the heads centered inside umbrellas or Phottix Easy-Up Umbrella Softboxes, or umbrella-style softboxes from other manufacturers for more even light output.
- Mount in an umbrella swivel, or in a grip head for tilt and swivel movement.
- Allows full 180 degree tilt with Phottix Easy-Up Umbrella Softboxes, up to 90 cm (of 36") in height or diameter.
- Fast and easy set-up, base plate swivels and locks into position with one simple thumbscrew.
- Quickly folds flat and compact for transport. Carrying bag included.
- Mount the baseplate in multiple positions for different flash layouts, or lower center of gravity.
- The hand grip allows for holding of flashes mounted in a shoot-through umbrella or similar modifier.
- Large, easy-to grip-thumbscrews are captured in the slots no worries of lost thumbscrews.
- Folded flat the bracket acts as a base stand for 4 flashes to sit on a flat surface (floor or table etc).
- Single flash mount included.