VOIGTLANDER 50mm f/1.5 Heliar Classic VM
The Heliar Classic 50mm F1.5 VM is a deliberate counterpart to the high performance lenses of today. It is designed to show a shaping-classic image at open aperture by intentionally leaving aberration. The lens configuration consists of six lenses in three groups, and interprets the original heliartype. In particular, at the F1.5 aperture, a bokeh effect is apparent, creating spherical and comatic aberrations at the edges of the image that would be difficult to create through digital processing. This effect decreases with increasingly smaller aperture and from aperture F4 the Heliar behaves largely distortion-neutral. The overall image effect can be described as picturesque and velvety.
- This intentionally created image representation gives you an extremely wide range of creative freedom, and the lack of a multi-coating also ensures atmospheric results, especially in backlit situations (the lens has a single coating).
- The lens barrel is made of aluminum, the focusing ring is made of brass and has a fine diamond pattern, just like the aperture ring. An absolute eye-catcher!
- The close-up limit is 50 cm, a high-precision rangefinder coupling is available, and a lens hood is also included.
The Heliar Classic 50mm F1.5 VM is a true creative tool and was developed exclusively for the Leica M mount*. It confidently stands by its “aberrations” and delivers a unique look. It is especially interesting for photographers and artists who work away from perfectionism and mainstream and who appreciate a warm, soft and analog image effect. *with an adapter, it can of course also be used on Sony E-mount cameras, Fujifilm X-mount cameras and Nikon Z-mount cameras.
- Mount : M-Bayonet (VM)
- Focal Length : 50 mm
- Aperture Ratio : 1:1,5
- Minimum Aperture (F) : 16
- Lens Construction : 6 elements in 3 groups
- Angle of View : 45,9°
- Aperture Blades : 10
- Minimum Focus : 0,5 m
- Maximum Diameter : 56,8 mm
- Length : 41,9 mm
- Weight : 255 g
- Filter Size : 49 mm
- Color : black/brass
- Others : S.C. (Single Coating)