VOIGTLANDER 35mm f/1.4 II SC Nokton Classic VM-Mount
Blending a compact form factor with versatile performance, the Nokton Classic 35mm f/1.4 II SC from Voigtlander is a fast wide-angle prime designed for M-mount rangefinder cameras. This updated, version II of the lens features a symmetrical optical design with one abnormal partial dispersion element, which retains the distinct character and high color accuracy rendering of the original, but also reduces curvature of field and astigmatism for improved focusing accuracy and more even sharpness across the entire image plane. This lens also features a single coating, as opposed to a more common multi-layered coating, which offers a subtler image quality with slightly reduced contrast that is especially well-suited to black and white photography. Its manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 2.3' away and a 10-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality to suit working with shallow depth of field.
- Version II of this lens features a refined optical design that is better suited for use with digital cameras, especially in conjunction with focusing using live view. The optical integrity has been maintained, keeping the characteristic spherical aberrations for a classic look, however the field curvature and astigmatism has been significantly reduced for improved focusing accuracy and even sharpness across the entire image plane.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture helps control depth of field for shallow depth of field shooting, and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- A symmetrical optical design, along with one abnormal partial dispersion element, is used to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity, color accuracy, and sharpness.
- Single-layer coating helps to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color neutrality, however this coating is intentionally less effective than common multi-layered coatings in order to produce a dreamy, less contrast-rich image quality well-suited to black and white imagery.
- Manual focus design enables a minimum focusing distance of 2.3'.
- A 10-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Compatible with optional LH-6 lens hood.
Focal Length 35mm
Maximum Aperture f/1.4
Minimum Aperture f/16
Lens Mount Leica M
Angle of View 63°
Minimum Focus Distance 2.3' / 70 cm
Optical Design 8 Elements in 6 Groups
Diaphragm Blades 10
Focus Type Manual Focus
Filter Size 43 mm (Front)
Dimensions (ø x L) 2.2 x 1.1" / 55 x 28.5 mm
Weight 6.67 oz / 189 g
Package Weight 0.71 lb
Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 5.3 x 4.4 x 4.4"