SONY FE 600mm F4 GM OSS
Model : SEL600F40GM
600mm F4 G Master super-telephoto lens
Fast autofocus plus stunning G Master resolution and gorgeous bokeh in a lightweight, well-balanced, mobile lens. Sony’s original XA lens and XD linear motor technologies contribute to peak optical and mechanical performance, making it possible to capture dynamic, eye-catching images from afar. Ideal for sports, news, and nature photography.
G Master Large-aperture super telephoto lens
XD Motors for fast, precise, tenacious AF2
Two XD (extreme dynamic) linear motors provide fast, precise AF and reliable tracking. The SEL600F40GM brings out the best in modern camera bodies, effortlessly maintaining accurate focus on fast-moving sports and wildlife subjects. A control algorithm developed specifically for these motors contributes to fast positioning of the large focus group with minimum delay and vibration.
New large XA element delivers superb resolution and bokeh
An exacting G Master optical design employs three fluorite elements to suppress chromatic aberration that can be a problem in telephoto lenses. A large XA (extreme aspherical) element is also included to eliminate onion-ring bokeh. Each lens is individually calibrated to achieve the ideal balance between resolution and bokeh. Optional high-performance 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters3 with XA elements are also available.
Outstanding mobility: lightest in its class4
A weight of just 3,040 grams, including tripod mount, makes this lens balance ideally with compact, lightweight E-mount camera bodies, for easy handling and control. Smooth, precise panning is possible handheld or monopod mounted.
Reliability and durability for challenging conditions
A dust and moisture resistant design5 provides the reliability needed for outdoor use in challenging conditions, and the front lens element features a fluorine coating that repels water, oil, and other contaminants. A rigid magnesium alloy is used not only for the lens barrel exterior and tripod mount area, but critical areas of the barrel interior as well, for maximum strength and durability.
Advanced features support professional needs
When the FULL TIME DMF switch is ON, manual focus is automatically engaged when the focus ring is operated, even in the AF-C mode. Built in Optical SteadyShot image Stabilisation includes MODE 2 for panned shots, and MODE 3 for dynamic sports or wildlife action. MODE 3 also provides a more stable viewfinder image for easier framing.
1. Focusing ring / 2. Function ring / 3. Tripod collar ring / 4. Focus-hold button / 5. Drop in filter holder / 6. Strap eyelet / 7. Tripod collar ring-clicking select switch / 8. Security slot (able to attach a security wire)
1. Focus-mode switch / 2. Full-time DMF switch / 3. Focus-range limiter / 4. Function ring select switch / 5. SET button / 6. Shake compensation switch / 7. Shake compensation mode switch/ 8. BEEP switch
SONY FE 600mm F4 GM OSS
- MOUNT : Sony E-mount
- FORMAT : 35mm full frame
- FOCAL-LENGTH (MM) : 600
- FOCAL LENGTH (35MM) (APS-C) : 900
- LENS GROUPS / ELEMENTS : 18-24 *Including one filter
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM) : 4°10'
- ANGLE OF VIEW (APS-C) : 2°40'2
- MAXIMUM APERTURE (F) : 4
- MINIMUM APERTURE (F) : 22
- APERTURE BLADES : 11
- CIRCULAR APERTURE : Yes
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE : 4.5 m (14.8 ft)
- MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X) : 0.14
- FILTER DIAMETER (MM) : 40.5
- IMAGE STABILIZATION (STEADYSHOT) : Optical SteadyShot™
- TELECONVERTER COMPATIBILITY (X1.4) : SEL14TC
- TELECONVERTER COMPATIBILITY (X2.0) : SEL20TC
- HOOD TYPE : Round shape,
Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (DIAMETER X LENGTH) : 163.6 x 449 mm (6-1/2 x 17-3/4 in.)
- WEIGHT : 3040 g (107.3 oz.)
What's In The Box
- Hood (model): ALC-SH158
- Lens front cap
- Lens rear cap: ALC-R1EM
- Hard case
- Lens strap
- Case strap