PANASONIC Lumix S 50mm f/1.8 Lens (S-S50GC)
Subtle angles for beautiful shots
The LUMIX S F1.8 Series 50mm lens is designed for superior mobility and beautiful bokeh. It helps you capture unique landscapes and facial expressions. When it’s combined with a LUMIX S series camera, the focus ring control setting can be finely set and focus adjusted to feel just right, so it’s also ideal for video creation.
Dust, splash and freeze-resistant design
The LUMIX S 50mm F1.8 is designed to keep shooting in the toughest conditions thanks to its dust- and splash-resistant construction and allowing you to shoot in temperatures as low as -10 °C.
･Dust and Splash Resistant does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this lens is subjected to direct contact with dust and water.
Ideal for video recording
The lens offers fast, accurate autofocus and smooth aperture changes, critical for the modern content creator, allowing you to record beautiful 4K video and stills without disturbing your subject.
S-S50 lens construction
The optimized configuration has 9 elements in 8 groups, including 3 ASPH, 1 ED and 1 UHR lenses to minimize aberrations and ensure superb resolution.
S-S50 MTF chart
Offering outstanding sharpness and resolution from the center to the edges of the frame, this is an ideal lens for the LUMIX full-frame system, and provides creative opportunities without compromise.
･For lenses that are capable of compensating distortion, the horizontal axis shows the distance from the center of the corrected image.
- Lens Construction : 9 elements in 8 groups (3 aspherical lenses, 1 ED lens, 1 UHR lens)
- Mount : L-Mount
- Optical Image Stabilizer : No
- Focal Length : f=50mm
- Aperture Type : 9 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Maximum Aperture : F1.8
- Minimum Aperture : F22
- Closest Focusing Distance : 0.45m/1.48ft
- Maximum Magnification : 0.14x
- Diagonal Angle of View : 47°
- Dust and Splash Resistant : Yes*
- Recommended Operating Temperature : -10℃ to 40℃ (14℉ to 104℉)
- Filter Size : φ67mm
- Max. Diameter : φ73.6mm / 2.90inch
- Overall Length : Approx. 82.0mm / 3.23inch (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
- Weight : Approx. 300g / 0.66lb (excluding lens cap, lens rear cap and lens hood)
- Standard Accessories : Lens cap, Lens rear cap, Lens hood