Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR
OverviewThe AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR sets a new benchmark in our relentless pursuit for optical precision. The first NIKKOR lens to feature an aspherical Extra-low Dispersion glass element, the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR is an FX-format 2.9x normal zoom lens that offers a maximum aperture of f/2.8 across the full focal length range of 24-70mm*1. It embodies a flawless synergy of NIKKORs finest imaging technologies, integrating a state-of-the-art Vibration Reduction (VR) system and a Silent Wave Motor for superior autofocus tracking. These innovations are further enhanced with an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism that delivers stable auto-exposure control and Nano Crystal Coat to reduce ghost and flare. Engineered to redefine high quality photography, the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR will satisfy even the most demanding perfectionist.
The game-changer for professional photography
A revolution in optical technologyThe AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR is the first NIKKOR lens to feature an aspherical Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass element which effectively corrects lateral chromatic aberrations, coma flare at the periphery, as well as distortion and spherical aberration. It also incorporates aspherical lenses, ED glass, High Refractive Index lens elements and Nano Crystal Coat that minimise ghosting effects and chromatic aberrations. These groundbreaking qualities ultimately deliver images of stunning sharpness and vivid clarity.
Pinpoint precision in every frame
Agility beyond compareFor smoother, faster, and quieter autofocus (AF), the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR comes with Silent Wave Motor that leverages on rotational energy to focus the optics. Its dynamic AF speed is optimised for capturing decisive sporting moments or fast-moving subjects such as animals. The AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR is also equipped with an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism for stable auto-exposure control, empowering you to achieve images of extraordinary quality even during high-speed continuous shooting.
The lens you can always count onThe AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR enriches your photography experience, even in the most challenging conditions. With a rugged body crafted for superior durability, it is capable of withstanding shocks and drastic temperature changes. The lens barrel has also been meticulously designed for better clench and control.
Conquer the elementsThis revolutionary lens is further protected with a fluorine coating that repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt for fuss-free maintenance, so you can capture your creative vision, no matter where you are.
*1 When attached to a DX-format digital SLR, the angle of view is equivalent to that of a lens with a focal length of 36-105mm in FX/35mm format.
*2 Measured in accordance with CIPA standards using a FX-format digital SLR camera. Measured at the maximum telephoto position in NORMAL mode.
- Type : Fmount, Type E AF-S lens with built-in CPU and F mount
- Format : FX/35mm
- Focal length : 24–70mm
- Maximum aperture : f/2.8
- Minimum aperture : f/22
- Lens construction :
- 20elements in, 16groups, (including 2 ED elements, 1 aspherical ED element, 3 aspherical elements, 1 high-refraction element, and elements with Nano-Crystal or fluorine coatings)
- Angle of view :
- Nikon FX-format D-SLR cameras: 84° to 34° 20', Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 61° to 22° 50'
- Minimum focus distance :
- 35 to 50 mm focal length:, 0.38m (1.25ft), 24, 28, and 70 mm focal lengths:, 0.41m (1.35ft), from focal plane
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization : Yes
- No. of diaphragm blades : 9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Coating : Nano Crystal Coat, Fluorine coat
- Diaphragm : Automatic electronic aperture control
- Metering : Full aperture
- Filter-attachment size : 82mm (P = 0.75 mm)
- Dimensions :
- Approx. 88.0 mm maximum diameter x 154.5 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight : Approx.1070g (2.4 lb)
- Autofocus : Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor) : Yes
- Internal focusing : Yes
- Focus mode :
- Manual, Manual/Auto, Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) System with autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor and separate focus ring for manual focus
- Focus distance indicator : Yes
- Focal length scale
- Graduated in millimeters (24, 28, 35, 50, 70) : Zoom
- Manual zoom using independent zoom ring
- Supplied accessories :
- 82 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-82, Rear Lens Cap LF-4, Bayonet Hood HB-74, Lens Case CL-M3
- G-type : Yes
1. Nikon reserves the right to change the specifications of the hardware described in these specifications at any time and without prior notice.