Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
Follow your creative instincts wherever they take you with the new AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR. Featuring a stepping motor – a first*1 for NIKKOR lenses – and built-in Vibration Reduction, the 18-55mm*2 lens lets you seize every photo opportunity with speed and stealth. Perfect for Nikon’s D3000-series and D5000-series*3 cameras, the AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR’s light, compact design make it easy to capture any moment.
QUICK AND QUIET
Autofocus (AF) movements are now smoother than ever before with NIKKOR’s first*1 lens with a stepping motor. The AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR accelerates phase-detection AF speeds and contrast-detection AF speeds. With a reduction in noise within the AF drive, this lens is great for shooting stills and even better for videos.
PERFECTION IN EVERY PIXEL
With 2 aspherical lens elements, the AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR offers superior optical performance that minimises lens aberrations and distortions. Every captured image is portrayed in remarkable clarity. Built-in Vibration Reduction (VR) compensates for shake caused by hand-held movements and provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed 4.0 stops faster*4, enabling you to capture sharper and crisper images, even from a moving vehicle.
EFFICIENT AND ERGONOMIC DESIGN
Adopting a new settings system on the AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR, you can now access the options for Auto Focus/Manual Focus and VR right from the camera’s menu*5. This eliminates unintentional setting changes that may occur and helps create a smoother, more seamless shoot. It measures only 64.5mm (diameter) by 62.5mm (length) when retracted, and has a weight of approximately 205g. With a retractable lens mechanism, this lens is highly lightweight and portable.
*1 Some 1 NIKKOR lenses have adopted a stepping motor.
*2 Angle of view is equivalent to that of a 27-82.5 mm lens in FX/35mm format.
*3 Compatible with D5500, D5300 and D3300.
*4 When attached to a DX-format digital SLR camera, with zoom set at the maximum telephoto position.
*5 AF/MF and VR ON/OFF controls from the camera’s menu are only available with D5500, D5300 and D3300.
- Type : Fmount, Type G AF-P DX lens with built-in CPU and F mount
- Format : DX
- Focal length : 18–, 55mm
- Maximum aperture : f/3.5, to5.6
- Minimum aperture : f/22, to38
- Lens construction : 12elements in, 9groups, (2 aspherical lens elements)
- Angle of view : 76° to 28° 50'
- Minimum focus distance : 0.25m (0.9ft), from focal plane at all zoom positions
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization : Yes
- No. of diaphragm blades : 7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Diaphragm : Fully automatic
- Metering : Full aperture
- Filter-attachment size : 55mm, (P = 0.75 mm)
- Dimensions : Approx. 64.5 mm maximum diameter x 62.5 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight : Approx.205g (7.3 oz.)
- Autofocus : Yes
- AF-P (Stepping Motor) : Yes
- Internal focusing : Yes
- Focus mode : Manual/Auto
- Focus distance indicator : Yes
- Focal length scale : Graduated in millimeters (18, 24, 35, 45, 55)
- Zoom : Manual zoom using independent zoom ring
- Supplied accessories : 55 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-55A Rear Lens Cap
- G-type : Yes
1. Nikon reserves the right to change the specifications of the hardware described in these specifications at any time and without prior notice.