Nikon AF-S 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR
Take your super-telephoto shooting experience to the next level with the high-performance AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR, that is primed to deliver superior optical precision. Whether you’re into sports or wildlife photography, this remarkably compact and lightweight FX-format lens will deliver high-level precision and accuracy by incorporating the latest in NIKKOR technology, including Phase Fresnel lens design, Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements, and Nano Crystal Coat. For the ultimate agility, the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR also features an electromagnetic aperture mechanism that allows for stable exposure control, and a fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water, grease and dirt as well as an improved effective Vibration Reduction (VR) with Sport Mode. Superior mobile handheld shooting is now in the palm of your hands.
FREEDOM OF FLIGHT
The AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR employs the Phase Fresnel optical design which consists of a series of concentric circles engraved on it, with these circles each focusing a different spectrum and direction of light. This minimises the number of lens elements needed and results in a substantially lighter, more compact lens with outstanding optical performance and minimal chromatic aberration – excellent for capturing all the action. Weighing approximately 1,460g and at a length of 237mm, the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR brings you true agility.
BUILT TO ENDURE
The AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR is constructed to provide high-resolution, high-contrast images with innovations like the ED glass that provide results in stunning sharpness and contrast by further minimising chromatic aberration. This works in conjunction with Nano Crystal Coat, which features nano-sized crystal particles that effectively reduces flares and ghosting, giving you an extra edge of reliability. Engineered with the harshest of shooting environments in mind, a fluorine coat is also applied to effectively repel dust, water droplets, grease and dirt, and provides a superb anti-reflection effect, ensuring the capture of crisp and clear images.
FLY INTO ACTION
In the lighter lens group, the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR incorporates an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism and a Silent Wave Motor to allow you to track fast-moving subjects going at unpredictable speeds. With sharp and uncompromising AF precision, you will never miss your moment. To further minimise unintentional image blur, the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR features an upgraded Vibration Reduction (VR) system that provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed of 4.0 stops1 faster in NORMAL mode. The state-of-the-art VR SPORT mode is also incorporated to provide improved viewfinder stability when capturing all the fast-paced action.
A COMPACT COMPANION
With all the latest NIKKOR technology, the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR is not only lighter, but is also designed to let you photograph all the action while you’re on-the-go, even when you don’t have a tripod or monopod. Engineered to capture all the finer details, it will soon become your new companion on all your photographic adventures.
1 Based on CIPA Standard; when attached to an FX-format D-SLR camera.
- Type : F mount Type E AF-S lens with built-in CPU
- Format : FX/35mm
- Focal length : 500 mm
- Maximum aperture : f/ 5.6
- Minimum aperture : f/ 32
- Lens construction : 19 elements in 11 groups (including 3 ED lens elements, 1 PF (phase Fresnel) lens element, lens elements with Nano-Crystal coatings, and a fluorine-coated front lens element)
- Angle of view : Nikon FX-format D-SLR cameras: 5° Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 3° 10‘
- Minimum focus distance : 3.0 m ( 9.8 ft) from focal plane
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization : Yes
- No. of diaphragm blades : 9 ( rounded diaphragm opening )
- Coating : Nano Crystal Coat, Fluorine coat
- Diaphragm : Automatic electronic aperture control
- Filter-attachment size : 95 mm (P = 1.0 mm)
- Dimensions : Approx. 106 mm maximum diameter x 237mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight : Approx. 1460 g ( 3 lb 3.5 oz)
- Autofocus : Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor) : Yes
- Internal focusing : Yes
- Focusing : Manual, Manual/Auto, Auto/Manual Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) System with autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor and separate focus ring for manual focus
- Focus limit switch : Two positions: FULL (∞ to 3.0 m) and ∞ to 8 m
- Focus distance indicator : 3.0 m to ∞
- Supplied accessories : LC-95 95 mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, HB-84 Bayonet Hood, CL-M5 Lens Case