NIKKOR Z DX 16-50MM f/3.5-6.3 VR (Black)
See the big picture with the smallest of lenses.
The absolute smallest NIKKOR Z lens—the smallest DX format lens ever, in fact—the NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR covers the sweet spot of the zoom range, letting you capture street scenes and landscapes as easily as portraits and close-ups. It has powerful Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization to keep your videos steady and your photos sharp. It focuses quickly and silently and supresses focus breathing—ideal for recording videos and high-speed action. And when not in use, it retracts into itself for a compact profile and added protection.
NIKKOR Image Quality
Capture vibrant street scenes, landscapes, portraits, selfies, low light, action, how-to videos and more. This little powerhouse can do so much.
Small and Mighty
Delivers big imaging power and durability in an ultra-compact package. When used on the Z 50, you've got Nikon's smallest DX interchangeable lens camera configuration ever.
Built-in VR image stabilization keeps you sharp and steady, even when handheld. It also lets you shoot stills at slower shutter speeds (up to 4.5 stops*)—a huge advantage in low-light situations.
Wide or Vertical 4K Videos
The NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR's zoom range is ideal for everything from interviews and how-to videos to close-ups and establishing shots. Like high-end cinema lenses, it's designed to suppress focus breathing—a common occurrence with smartphones, that makes videos look amateurish. Plus, its AF motor, focusing ring and control ring are virtually silent, so the camera's built-in mic won't pick up noise from the lens during recording.
The NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR uses a blazing fast, nearly silent stepping motor for autofocusing, and it performs brilliantly with Z series' Eye AF to keep focus right where you want it.
An Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass lens element reduces color defects and glare for sharper, clearer images with outstanding contrast.
Assign your favorite function to the control ring—aperture control (great for iris transitions during video recording), ISO adjustments, exposure compensation or manual focus.
- Mount Type : Nikon Z Mount
- Focal Length Range : 16 - 50mm
- Zoom Ratio : 3.1x
- Maximum Aperture : f/ 3.5-6.3
- Minimum Aperture : f/ 16
- Format : DX
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format) : 83°
- Minimum Angle of View (DX-format) : 31° 30'
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio : 0.2x
- Lens Elements : 9
- Lens Groups : 7
- VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Dual detect optical VR lens shift using voice coil motors (VCMs)
- Diaphragm Blades
- Rounded diaphragm opening
- ED Glass Elements : 1
- Aspherical Elements : 4
- Super Integrated Coating : Yes
- Autofocus : Yes
- AF Actuator : STM (stepping motor)
- Internal Focusing : Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance
- 0.66 ft. (0.2m) at 24mm zoom position
- 0.76 ft. (0.23m) at 35mm zoom position
- 0.82 ft. (0.25m) at 16mm.zoom position
- 0.99 ft. (0.3m) at 50mm zoom position
- Focus Mode : Autofocus & Manual
- Filter Size : 46mm
- Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length)
- 2.8 in. (70 mm) x 1.3 in. (32 mm)
- Based on CIPA guidelines
- Approx. Weight
- 4.8 oz. (135 g)
- Based on CIPA guidelines
- Lens Type : Zoom