NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR
DX-format telephoto zoom lens that enables the capture of diverse scenes beautifully with a single lens, utilizing a wide zoom range and superior VR effect
Distance doesn’t matter with the versatile NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR.
From a close-up of a street food delicacy to a majestic eagle high in the sky, the remarkable zoom range of the NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR lets you have ultimate creative freedom and the control to capture moments from afar. This telephoto zoom lens delivers high resolution stills and videos, and its built-in Vibration Reduction (VR) feature ensures crisp clarity, no matter the distance.
RETHINK YOUR RANGE
All photo opportunities are not created equal, so imagine the frustration of being tantalisingly out of range. With the NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR, you are never too far away – capture high quality images of distant subjects up to telephoto 250mm1, so you can take those fantastic concert shots from all the way at the back! Of course, certain scenarios, such as animals in their natural habitat, require a more subtle approach, and this lens lets you magnify objects from a distance without disturbing them. But this lens doesn’t just thrive on distance, it’s more than capable of capturing stunning portraits. The compression effect can make background elements appear closer and larger than the foreground elements, emphasising the main subject.
ALL HAIL SUPERIOR RESOLUTION
Resolution is all-important when it comes to zoom lenses, and the NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR does not disappoint. It delivers equally sharp resolution for still images and movies, letting you get flexible with your subject matter. Distance does not stand in the way of crisp colours and image sharpness thanks to the inclusion of an Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass element that reduces colour bleeding and effectively compensates for axial chromatic aberration.
IN THE HEART OF THE ACTION
From the high-spirited bustle of a street carnival to an erupting stadium of fervent football fans, sometimes the best photo opportunities call for flinging yourself into the middle of the action. The built-in VR effect of the NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR reduces camera shake, so you do not have to worry about those magical moments being brought down to earth by blurry images. The VR effect is equivalent to a shutter speed effect of 5.0 stops2 faster, the maximum in the history of NIKKOR interchangeable lenses3, and works in low light conditions without increasing ISO. To maximise performance for dynamic shooting, we recommend pairing it with the new Z 50 and setting it on “SPORT” mode.
SAVOUR SMOOTH SHOOTING
Don’t live in fear of spoiling the moment. The smooth operation of the NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR significantly reduces the operation noise of the lens, so you can photograph that music festival without the dreaded whirring of a lens as an unintended backing track. The lens’ ultra-convenient, customisable control-ring lets you dial in your desired focus, aperture and exposure compensation, so you can focus on the task at hand without fumbling for buttons. Adding to the agility of this easy-to-carry lens, you can retract the lens with its simple buttonless retractable-lens mechanism, and shorten the lens’ length when stored. On top of that, it excels at delivering natural exposure changes, so you can smoothly transition from scene to scene like a pro. Lights, camera, action!
- Type : Nikon Z mount
- Format : DX
- Focal length : 50 – 250 mm
- Maximum aperture : f/ 4.5 to 6.3
- Minimum aperture : f/ 22 to 32
- Lens construction : 16 elements in 12 groups (including 1 ED element)
- Angle of view3 : 1° 30' to 6° 30' (DX image area)
- Focal length scale : Graduated in millimeters (50, 70, 100, 135, 200, 250)
- Focusing system : Internal focusing system
- Minimum focus distance (measured from focal plane) : 50 mm zoom position: 0.5 m (1.64 ft) 70 mm zoom position: 0.52 m (1.71 ft) 100 mm zoom position: 0.58 m (1.91 ft) 135 mm zoom position: 0.65 m (2.14 ft) 200 mm zoom position: 0.83 m (2.73 ft) 250 mm zoom position: 1.0 m (3.29 ft)
- Maximum reproduction ratio : 0.23 x
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization : Yes
- Vibration reduction : Lens shift using voice coil motors (VCMs)
- No. of diaphragm blades : 7 ( rounded diaphragm opening )
- Filter-attachment size : 62 mm (P = 0.75 mm)
- Dimensions : Approx. 74 mm/3 in. maximum diameter x 110 mm/4.4 in. (distance from camera lens mount flange when lens is retracted)
- Weight : Approx. 405 g ( 14.3 oz.)
- Autofocus : Yes
- Internal focusing : Yes
- Focusing : Auto, Manual
- Supplied accessories : LC-62B 62 mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap, LF-N1 Rear Lens Cap