LAOWA 10mm f/2 Zero-D MFT
Ultra wide and ultra compact, the Laowa 10mm f/2 Zero-D from Venus Optics is a Micro Four Thirds prime lens characterized by its sleek form factor and impressively broad angle of view. The portable design makes it particularly well-suited to drone and vlogging applications and the wide-angle field of view is ideal for architecture, landscape, interior, and astrophotography subjects.
As a Zero-D lens, distortion is very well-controlled and the optical design uses aspherical and low dispersion elements to minimize a variety of aberrations for high sharpness and clarity. It has a manual focus design, with a minimum focusing distance of 4.7", and a built-in CPU and motor permit intuitive camera-based control over aperture settings. Additionally, a petal-shaped lens hood is also incorporated into the lens' design to reduce flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Ultra wide-angle prime is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 20mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in low and difficult lighting conditions.
- Rectilinear design renders subjects with minimal distortion in order to suit landscape and architectural applications.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for increased clarity and color neutrality.
- Two aspherical elements limit spherical aberrations for improved sharpness and controlled distortion.
- Manual focus design offers a minimum focusing distance of 4.7".
- Five-blade diaphragm produces distinct 10-point sun stars when working with smaller aperture settings.
- Integrated CPU chip and motor enables camera-based control over aperture settings and also transfers Exif data for recording lens setting metadata.
- Built-in petal-shaped lens hood shields the lens from stray light to reduce flare and ghosting and also protects the front elements from accidental impacts.
- Focal Length : 10mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 20mm)
- Maximum Aperture : f/2
- Minimum Aperture : f/16
- Lens Mount : Micro Four Thirds
- Format Compatibility : Micro Four Thirds
- Angle of View : 96°
- Minimum Focus Distance : 4.7" / 12 cm
- Maximum Magnification : 0.15x
- Optical Design : 11 Elements in 7 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades : 5
- Focus Type : Manual Focus
- Image Stabilization : No
- Filter Size : 46 mm (Front)
- Dimensions : (ø x L) 2.1 x 1.6" / 53 x 41 mm
- Weight : 4.4 oz / 125 g