FUJINON XF18MM F1.4 LM WR
The XF18mmF1.4 R LM WR is a prime lens with advanced resolution, consisting of 15 lens elements, including three aspherical lenses and one ED lens, in nine groups. The use of large-diameter lens elements has enabled the maximum aperture of F1.4, making it possible to shoot high-quality pictures with minimal camera shake and digital noise even in low light conditions such as nightscape. The lens weighs 370g and measures 75.6mm for excellent portability with the compact design.
With its wide-angle focal length of 18mm (equivalent to 27mm in the 35mm film format), the XF18mmF1.4 R LM WR can not only capture a landscape in a natural sense of perspective but also snapshots that close in on a main subject while keeping the vast background in the frame. The lens can capture even the finest details of a small subject in the background, as well as the atmosphere of the scene. The ability to shoot close-ups with the minimum working distance of just 11cm from the front lens element facilitates tabletop photography, close-up of foods set up on a table. These options make this lens truly versatile, accommodating a wide range of scenes.
Another feature is the Inner Focus system, which uses a linear motor to drive the focus lens group, to achieve quiet and highly accurate AF in a speed as fast as 0.04 seconds*1, ensuring that users do not miss a decisive photo opportunity.
Fujifilm will continue to add to the “large-diameter prime” series of lenses with astonishing description, including the popular large-diameter mid telephoto prime lens “FUJINON Lens XF50mmF1.0 R WR” and the latest XF18mmF1.4 R LM WR, to further broaden the enjoyment of photography using mirrorless digital cameras.
Advanced resolution and maximum aperture of F1.4
- The lens consists of 15 lens elements, including three aspherical elements and one ED element, in nine groups to effectively control chromatic abberation and comatic aberration. The focus lens group of six elements is driven together to reduce fluctuation of aberrations to achieve edge-to-edge sharpness.
- The use of large-diameter lens elements provides the maximum aperture of F1.4. The resulting light-gathering ability allows users to take high-quality pictures with minimal camera shake and digital noise even in low light conditions such as nightscape. The aperture also provides shallow depth of field to produce creamy bokeh in the background.
Wide-angle prime lens for a variety of shooting situations
- With its wide-angle focal length of 18mm (equivalent to 27mm in the 35mm film format), this lens can not only capture landscape in a natural sense of perspective but also snapshots that close in on a main subject while keeping vast background in the frame. The lens can record even the finest details of a small subject in the background, as well as capturing atmosphere of the scene. The ability to shoot close-ups with the minimum working distance of just 11cm from the front lens element facilitates tabletop photography such as close-up of foods set up on a table. These options make this lens truly versatile, accommodating a wide range of scenes.
Quiet, fast and highly accurate AF
- The lens uses the Inner Focus system, which drives the focus lens group with a linear motor. The focus lens group only travels up to approx. 2.5mm, enabling silent and highly accurate AF that attains focus in as fast as 0.04 seconds. The lens can also autofocus in as fast as 0.25 seconds even when shifting focus from the minimum object distance of 20cm to infinity, ensuring that users do not miss a decisive photo opportunity.
Advanced practicality based on compact and highly robust design
- The thickness of the metal lens barrel is controlled optimally to keep the lens weight to 370g, while the use of unique optical technology has reduced lens dimensions to 75.6mm in length and 62mm in filter thread size. Despite the compact design, the lens is highly robust and exceptionally portable.
- The lens barrel is weather-sealed in nine points so that it is dust and weather resistant and can be used in temperatures as low as -10℃. This lens enables users to continue shooting in light rain, in a dusty place or at low temperatures such as for astrophotography in winter.
- Advanced precision in detecting the rotation of the focus ring ensures the subtlest of fingertip movements is detected for precise focusing.
- The A (auto) Position Lock offers reliable operation, locking the aperture ring in place to avoid any unintentional adjustment during shooting.
- Focal Length 18mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 27mm)
- Maximum Aperture f/1.4
- Minimum Aperture f/16
- Lens Mount FUJIFILM X
- Format Compatibility APS-C
- Angle of View 76.5°
- Minimum Focus Distance 7.9" / 20 cm
- Maximum Magnification 0.15x
- Optical Design 15 Elements in 9 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades 9, Rounded
- Focus Type Autofocus
- Image Stabilization No
- Filter Size 62 mm (Front)
- Dimensions (ø x L) 2.7 x 3" / 68.8 x 75.6 mm