CANON RF 400mm f/2.8 L IS USM
Powerful, portable and professional the RF mount super-telephoto that lets you capture action with impact
Capture your best wildlife, sports and action photos yet with this portable 400mm super-telephoto lens – built for RF mount cameras. A fast f/2.8 aperture and optical IS make this a great low-light performer. Advanced AF keeps even fast-moving subjects pin sharp, for breath-taking image quality.
Outstanding image quality
Even at its maximum f/2.8 aperture, sharpness is exceptional right across the frame. This is due to the use of Fluorite and Super UD glass plus ASC and Super Spectra coatings.
Fast focusing keeps you sharp
When capturing fast action, the lens focuses quickly and confidently. A dual power focus drive offers faster AF with compatible cameras.
Low light? No problem
The RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM is great in low light, with a large f/2.8 max aperture and an IS system offering 5.5 stops of protection from camera shake.
The lightest 400mm f/2.8 lens available for mirrorless cameras is easy to take with you. Full-time MF lets you adjust focus and AF start/stop buttons are intuitive to find.
Built to inspire confidence
With its legendary L-series build quality and heat-reflecting white finish, this is a lens you can use confidently whatever the weather – from rainy football pitches to dusty safari trips.
- 400mm f/2.8 super-telephoto lens designed exclusively for EOS R-series cameras
- Optically identical to EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III USM lens
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords significant control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 8.2'
- Includes three image stabilization operation modes
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 5.5 stops of shake correction
- Super Spectra Coating and Air Sphere Coating minimizes ghosting and flare when working in strong lighting conditions
- Compatible with Canon RF 1.4x and 2x extenders
- Customizable electronic focus ring with manual focus capability during SERVO AF
- 9-blade circular aperture for beautiful bokeh at smaller lens apertures
- Two focus presets to instantly return to one or two memorized focus distances
- Dust and water-resistant design with fluorine coating on front element for easy cleaning
- Rotatable tripod collar for working atop a tripod or monopod
What’s in the box
- RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM
- Lens Dust Cap RF
- Drop-In Screw Filter Holder 52 (WIII) With 52mm Protect filter
- Lens Cap E-180E
- Lens Hood ET-155 (WIII)
- Lens Soft Case LS400
- Lens Wide Strap B
- User Manual
- Focal Length 400mm
- Maximum Aperture f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture f/32
- Lens Mount Canon RF
- Format Compatibility Full-Frame
- Angle of View 6°
- Minimum Focus Distance 8.2' / 2.5 m
- Maximum Magnification 0.17x
- Optical Design 17 Elements in 13 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades 9
- Focus Type Autofocus
- Image Stabilization Yes
- Tripod Collar Removable and Rotating
- Filter Size 55 mm (Drop-In)
- Dimensions (ø x L) 6.4 x 14.4" / 163 x 367 mm
- Weight 6.4 lb / 2.9 kg