Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM
The RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM super telephoto zoom lens delivers a superb combination of cutting-edge performance, compact construction and brilliant resolving power specifically designed for the EOS R system. The versatile range of 100mm to 500mm is ideal for sports, wildlife, and even aviation photography while maintaining a compact, travel-ready size and weight. The lens features one Super UD and six UD lenses. Fluorine coated front and rear lens elements provide resistance to dirt, moisture and oils, while L-series construction with dust and weather resistance provide reliability even in challenging conditions. With its built-in, 3-mode, and up-to 5-stop optical image stabilization system, and high-speed Dual Nano USM autofocus motors, the RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM will prove its superb optical performance, over and over again.
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture : 100-500mm, f/4.5-7.1
- Maximum Aperture (1/3 steps, 1/2 steps) : Wide: 4.5, 4.5, Tele: 7.1, 6 .7
- Minimum Aperture (1/3 steps, 1/2 steps) : Wide: 32, 32, Tele: 51, 5 4
- Minimum Focusing Distance :
- At 100mm: 2.95 ft. / 0.9m
- At 300 mm: 3.28 ft. / 1m
- At 500mm: 3.94 ft. / 1.2m
- Maximum Magnification
- At 100mm: 0.12x
- At 500mm: 0.33x
- Lens Construction : 20 elements in 14 groups
- Special Elements : One Super UD, Six UD
- Filter Size Diameter : Ø77mm
- Aperture Blades : 9
- Maximum Outer Diameter x Length
- Shortest (wide): Approx. 3.69 in x 8.17 in. / 93.8mm x 207.6mm
- Longest (tele): Approx. 3.69 in x 11.71 in. / 93.8mm x 297.6mm
- Approx. 3.0 lbs. / 1365g (No tripod mount)
- Approx. 0.35 lbs / 160g (Tripod only)
* Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards. Testing performed at a focal length of 500mm using the EOS R camera.
** 2.95 ft. / 0.9m (at 100mm), 3.9ft. / 1.2m (at 500mm).
*** Extenders can only be used from a 300-500mm range (cannot be used from 100-299mm).