- Firecrest UV 400nm Multicoated filter is available with SuperSlim 5.5mm stackable or UltraSlim 3mm non-stackable ring
- Built from Schott Superwite glass for highest image fidelity.
- Firecrest multicoating is anti-reflective and hydrophobic for shooting in challenging conditions
- Maximum UV protection for outdoors, snow and high altitudes while also being an excellent everyday filter.
- Made in the UK on the most advanced computer-controlled manufacturing equipment in the industry.
Intro to UV Filters
UV haze. It's a problem that photographers face everyday. Haze reduces the overall contrast of an image and is almost always the first environmental phenomena to ruin your chances of turning that landscape photograph into fine-art. Haze is caused by ultraviolet contamination on your digital sensor or film, and causes the image to appear faded blue, gray or milky.
Formatt-Hitech's new UV filters with Firecrest coating are the single most effective tool available for eliminating UV contamination and increasing contrast and acuity in your images, while also providing protection for the front element of your valuable lenses. Firecrest also increases the scratch resistance of the UV filter.
Firecrest is a multi-coating that was developed to provide the absolute highest UV protection. Firecrest is a precision and high fidelity product suitable for scientific evaluation. Firecrest was designed for the demands of professional photographers using top lenses from Zeiss, Hasselblad, Leica, Canon and more. If you're a connoisseur of precision optics, choose Firecrest.
Firecrest UV filters come in four variations:
- UV Multicoated is the basic UV filter for lens and UV protection.
- UV 370nm offers additional UV reduction.
- UV 400nm offers the maximum UV reduction and Schott Superwite glass.
- UV IR Cut is a specialty filter that reduces ultraviolet and infrared.