Firecrest 13 & 16 Filters
Firecrest ND is a revolutionary new type of ND filter from Formatt-Hitech. These filters use the new Firecrest ND coating technology to produce a super-dark 13 and 16 stop ND filters that are both very neutral and block infrared contamination. Firecrest is a rare earth metal coating used to create hyper neutral NDs. Firecrest Filters are neutral across all spectrums, including UV, visible, and infrared.
- 13 stops is popular when photographing near the sea where 2-3 minute exposures are ideal for transforming fast moving clouds and turbulent water into ethereal masterpieces.
- 16 stops is the most popular density for long exposure photographers, who typically make exposures of 5-8 minutes.
Firecrest ND Filter Specs
- 2mm Firecrest filters fit the full range of Formatt-Hitech aluminum holders as well as the Lucroit 100mm and 165mm holder systems.
- Circular ND filters are made from Schott Superwite glass and feature stackable 5.5mm SuperSlim rings.
- Firecrest filters are supplied in durable clamshell packaging.
- 2mm filters in densities of 7 stops and higher also include a foam gasket which can be attached to prevent light leaks.