HOYA ND400 HMC FILTER
They have four main uses:
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with fast films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, cars, seas etc.
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background.
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (ie: above ISO400) and allow it to be used outdoors in blight situations.
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which would normally cause over-exposure.
- Model HOYA NDx400
- Type ND
- Available Sizes 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77, 82
- ND Number (Filter Factor) 400
- f-stops 9
- Frame Material Aluminum