NIKON Z8 Body Only
Promo PWP 15 Agustus - 30 September 2023
Promo PWP 1-31 Agustus 2023
- NIKON Z8 Body Only + PWP Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S Rp. 111298000
- NIKON Z8 Body Only + PWP Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S Rp. 320898000
- NIKON Z8 Body Only + PWP Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S Rp. 289898000
- NIKON Z8 Body Only + PWP Z 800mm f6.3 VR S Rp. 160498000
- 45.7MP FX-Format Stacked CMOS Sensor
- Lightweight Design, 30% Smaller than Z9
- 8.3K 60p N-RAW, 4.1K 60p ProRes RAW
- 8K30p and 4K120p Video, 10-Bit Internal
- Up to 20 fps Raw, 30 fps JPEG Shooting
- 493-Point AF, AI-Based Subject Detection
- Blackout-Free Real Live Viewfinder
- 3.2" 4-Axis Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- CFx Type B & SD Memory Card Slots
- 5 GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Compact, Lightweight, Powerful
Built using flagship DNA, the Nikon Z8 is a compact, lightweight camera housing much of the technology from the Z9 but in a sleeker, more portable package. Dubbed the ultimate hybrid camera, the Z8 features the same proven sensor, processing, and AF capabilities of the flagship with a new body design that better suits gimbal use, event shooting, and other handheld applications.
Flagship Sensor and Processing
45.7MP Stacked BSI CMOS Sensor
Featuring the same sensor that debuted in the Z9, the FX-format 45.7MP BSI stacked CMOS sensor offers a useful combination of resolution, fast readout speeds, impressive clarity, and minimal noise. The stacked design contributes to reduced rolling shutter while the BSI designation ensures improved noise levels when working at the top end of the extended ISO 32-102400 range. Also, the 45.7MP resolution and full-frame sensor size hit a sweet spot that benefits photographers working in detail-oriented genres as well as enables recording video at resolutions up to 8K.
EXPEED 7 Image Processor
Complementing the sensor is the EXPEED 7 processing engine, which offers speeds approximately 10x faster than a Z7 II. This engine works in conjunction with the stacked sensor design to realize impressively fast AF speeds, burst shooting rates, a high buffer capacity, fluid video performance, and quick all-around handling.
- Top continuous shooting speeds of 20 fps when shooting in raw, 30 fps when shooting in JPEG, 60 fps when shooting 19MP JPEGs using a DX area, and an impressive 120 fps shooting rate when recording 11MP stills, with all rates supporting full AF/AE performance.
- Able to buffer over 1000 raw images in a burst, meaning raw image sequences can be recorded for approximately 50 seconds continuously. Also, during playback, you can skip to the first shot of a given burst to expedite the on-camera review process.
- Pre-Release Capture helps make decisive moment shots easier by recording frames in a burst for up a second prior to actually releasing the shutter. When this feature is activated, burst shooting will commence when the shutter is half-pressed and the buffer will retain up to a second's worth of frames prior to fully pressing the shutter.
- Electronic shutter affords a top shutter speed of 1/32,000 sec for working in the brightest conditions with wider apertures.
- Stacked sensor design reduces rolling shutter distortion so fast-moving subjects, like a golf club, tennis racket, or baseball bat, do not appear distorted when working with shutter speeds up to 1/32,000 sec.
- AF calculations are done at a 120 fps rate to keep up with fast continuous shooting speeds.
- High Efficiency RAW file format maintains image quality akin to uncompressed raw files but with file sizes approximately 30% smaller for faster reading/writing to the memory card.
- Stills can also be saved in the HEIF file format; a useful evolution from JPEG, this 10-bit format offers 1 billion more colors for greater realism and dynamic range when viewed on HLG-compatible displays while still retaining the small file size as a JPEG.
- Motion Blend Retouch feature can be used to produce an in-camera composite that depicts a series of subject movements within a single frame.
- Long Exposure display includes a live exposure timer on the rear LCD, along with the ability to dim the viewfinder to better preserve your night-adjusted vision.
Electronic Shutter-Only Design
Relying on the speed and stacked design of the sensor, the Z8 completely forgoes a mechanical shutter and uses just an electronic shutter for all capture modes. The speed of the sensor enables recording at up to 1/32,000 sec and the stacked structure reduces motion distortion for accurate depiction of fast-moving subjects, like golf clubs, baseball bats, and automobiles. Also, despite the absence of a mechanical shutter, flash sync up to 1/200 sec. is still supported as well as high speed sync functions.
By removing the mechanical shutter, the Z8 can also operate completely silently and there is no worry over mechanical shutter wear or breakdown. A shutter release sound can be added for awareness when a photo is being taken, and the volume can be adjusted to suit different working scenarios.
More Beautiful Portraits
Perfect for portraits, the Z8 improves on the sensor's inherent capabilities with a series of processing tools and shooting functions to improve portraits:
Fine-tune hue and brightness while shooting for more precise control while shooting.
Skin softening can be used on up to three subjects in a shot and slightly blurs the skin for a more pleasing texture while still retaining essential sharpness on eyes and hair.
Manual white balance control is more intuitive when making adjustments and Auto WB has also been optimized for human subjects.
Fast and Intelligent AF
493-Point Phase-Detection AF
Covering the full sensor area, the Z8 uses the flagship 493-point phase-detection AF system to realize fast and accurate focusing performance. This system is benefitted by the high-speed communication of the Z interface along with the speed of the sensor that enables AF readings to occur at up to 120 fps.
This focusing system also supports working in low-light conditions with a Starlight mode that permits focusing down to -9 EV to greatly benefit astrophotography, concert, and other nighttime shooting applications. Also useful for working in difficult lighting conditions, Backlit AF uses separate pixels on the sensor for AF, allowing these areas to intentionally overexpose for focusing accuracy purposes without impacting the actual exposure of the recorded image.
A mainstay focusing mode in DSLRs, which debuted for mirrorless with the Z9, the Z8 also includes 3D Tracking AF that pairs with subject detection to lock onto fast, erratically moving subjects that move parallel and perpendicular to the camera. Additionally, there are three Dynamic-Area AF modes, with a range of focus area sizes, for capturing a broad variety of moving subject types.
Subject Detection with Deep Learning Technology
Utilizing inherited algorithms and deep learning technology from the Z9, including sophisticated Subject Detection, the Z8 can recognize a variety of distinct subject types, ranging from humans to animals to airplanes to bicycles. When working in Auto-Area AF, these subjects will automatically be detected, focused on, and tracked to ensure sharp focus when the subject is moving across the frame.
Eye-Detection AF, specifically, has been tuned for improved accuracy and refined recognition of eyes in the scene, regardless of how small or large they are within the image frame, and can also be used in conjunction with custom Wide-Area AF for different subject shapes and sizes.
Internal 8K60 and 4K 120 Recording
Equally capable for video, the Z8 matches the Z9's recording capabilities here, as well, with a variety of resolutions and frame rates available up to 8K. Using full pixel readout, UHD 8K 30p video can be recorded with continuous shooting possible for approximately 2 hours 5 minutes.
UHD 4K and Full HD recording is also possible in a variety of frame rates, including full-frame 4K recording at up to 120p for slow-motion playback. Using an 8K area, oversampled UHD 4K recording is possible at up to 60p for increased sharpness and detail. Also, high-resolution frame grabs can be recorded in camera from 8K and 4K videos, for producing 33MP or 11MP stills, respectively.
12-Bit N-RAW and ProRes RAW Video
Internal 12-bit raw recording at up to 8.3K 60p in the N-RAW format is supported along with internal ProRES RAW HQ. Raw recording offers greater tonal and color latitude and can improve dynamic range, benefitting color grading needs and post-production flexibility.
- N-RAW is Nikon's own raw recording format that offers impressively small file sizes compared to other raw formats as well as the ability to create MP4 proxies for more efficient previewing or transferring.
- N-RAW recording is available at up to 8.3K at 60p or 24p; 4.1K at up to 120p; 5.3K at up to 60p with a 1.5x crop; and 3.8K at 120p with a 2.3x crop.
- ProRes RAW recording is also available at up to 4.1K and 60p.
ProRes and H.265 10-Bit Recording
Internal recording is also supported with 10-bit color and 4:2:2 sampling in the ProRes 422 HQ and H.265 codecs, and H.264 and 4:2:0 color can be used depending on workflow needs. For more latitude when color grading in post, there is also a 10-bit N-Log setting as well as a Flat color profile. Additionally, HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) can be used for creating HDR-ready content straight from the camera.
Aiding the impressive recording specs, the Z8 also incorporates a variety of useful recording tools and functions for use in productions:
- Red REC frame indicator on EVF and LCD during recording to easily recognize when recording is being captured.
- Dedicated video info display indicates various recording settings, such as frame size, frame rate, audio settings, codec, bit depth, and HDMI output settings. Some of these settings will also be visible on the camera's top control panel.
- Focus peaking and zebra stripes are visual aids to help achieve sharp focus and accurate exposure.
- Waveform monitor for realtime exposure analysis.
- Fine ISO control in Manual mode for adjusting exposure in 1/6-stop increments.
- Fast AF-ON function can be assigned to Fn buttons; it is now possible to assign two different AF speeds to different buttons.
- Slow shutter speed video is supported, slower than 1/frame rate, for working in extreme low-light conditions or for creating intentionally blurred effects.
- Timecode linking is possible when working with an optional timecode generator.
- Complementing the video capabilities, the Z8 also supports 24-bit linear PCM sound recording and offers compatibility with external XLR microphones via the optional Tascam CA-XLR2d-AN digital adapter.
A Smaller Professional Body Design
Sleek, Modular, and Durable Construction
- Deemed the true successor to the D850 DSLR and the smaller follow-up to the flagship Z9, the Z8 hits a sweet spot in terms of size and performance. It is 30% smaller than the Z9 and 15% smaller than the D850.
- Compared to the Z9, with its built-in vertical grip, the Z8 takes on a more modular design, allowing you to keep it small for day-to-day shooting or pair it with the optional MB-N12 Power Battery Pack grip for improved ergonomics when shooting vertical and better battery life. Also, the smaller, lighter design makes the Z8 an ideal candidate for rigging or use on a gimbal for video use.
- Dual card slots—one CFexpress Type B slot and one UHS-II SD slot—allow for flexible file saving. The CFx slot is suitable for data-intensive applications, like 8K recording and high-speed burst shooting, while the SD slot retains compatibility with the popular storage format. Additionally, the CFx B slot is also compatible with XQD memory cards.
- Built using eco-friendly Seerebo carbon fiber and robust magnesium alloy, the Z8 manages to be both durable and lightweight, weighing just 2 lb.
- Premium weather sealing protects against dust and moisture for confident use in harsh climates.
- Included EN-EL15c battery offers approximately 340 frames per charge when primarily using the viewfinder or 370 shots per charge when primarily using the LCD monitor. The Z8 is also compatible with other EN-EL15-series batteries.
- In-body Vibration Reduction now supports Synchro VR to achieve up to 6 stops of camera shake compensation when used with select Z lenses.
- Helping to cut down on dust reaching the sensor, the Z8 incorporates a sensor shield that protects the sensor surface when changing lenses. For additional dust prevention, there is also a dual electro-conductive and fluorine coating on the optical filter covering the sensor.
- Backlit buttons offer easier navigation and button recognition when working in low-light conditions.
Real-Live Viewfinder is an advanced EVF utilizing a 3.69m-dot OLED panel with adjustable luminance up to 3000 cd/m2 for clear visibility in bright conditions. This EVF also works in conjunction with dual-stream technology for blackout-free viewing when shooting continuously and it features a high fps function, which ups the EVF's refresh rate to 120 fps for smoother, lifelike viewing.
Four-Axis Tilting LCD
Like the Z9, the Z8 incorporates a unique 3.2" 2.1m-dot four-axis tilting touchscreen LCD that better supports working from high and low angles, regardless if shooting in the horizontal or vertical orientation. This screen's four-way tilting design allows for easier viewing from a variety of positions and the user interface orientation will also shift depending on how the camera is held.
Matching the professional build quality, the Z8 is fitted with a variety of connectivity options to suit various workflow needs:
- Full-size HDMI port for outputting video to an external recorder or monitor
- 3.5mm headphone and microphone ports for attaching an external microphone and for on-board audio monitoring
- Two USB-C ports: one supports file transfers and tethering and the second is dedicated to power delivery and battery charging
- USB-C communication terminal supports USB-LAN connectivity when paired with an optional USB-C to Ethernet adapter. This enables a 1000BASE-T wired LAN connection for transferring files over FTP
- 10-pin port offers wide accessories and remote connectivity
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (2.4 and 5 GHz) permit wireless transferring of files, remote camera control via a mobile device, and works in conjunction with the NX Mobile Air app for file management
- TYPE : Digital camera with support for interchangeable lenses
- LENS MOUNT : Nikon Z mount
- MOUNT TYPE : Nikon Z mount
- PICTURE ANGLE : Full-frame / FX-Format
- SENSOR SIZE 35.9 mm x 23.9 mm
- IMAGE SENSOR TYPE CMOS
- TOTAL PIXELS 52.37 million
- DUST-REDUCTION SYSTEM Image sensor cleaning, Image Dust Off reference data (requires NX Studio)
- IMAGE AREA (PIXELS) [FX (36 x 24)] selected for image area: (L) 8256 x 5504 ( 45.4 million) (M) 6192 x 4128 ( 25.6 million) (S) 4128 x 2752 ( 11.4 million) [DX (24 x 16)] selected for image area: (L) 5392 x 3592 ( 19.4 million) (M) 4032 x 2688 ( 10.8 million) (S) 2688 x 1792 ( 4.8 million) [1:1 (24 x 24)] selected for image area: (L) 5504 x 5504 ( 30.3 million) (M) 4128 x 4128 ( 17.0 million) (S) 2752 x 2752 ( 7.6 million) [16:9 (36 x 20)] selected for image area: (L) 8256 x 4640 ( 38.3 million) (M) 6192 x 3480 ( 21.5 million) (S) 4128 x 2320 ( 9.6 million)
- EFFECTIVE PIXELS (MEGAPIXELS) 45.7 million
- IMAGE SENSOR FORMAT Full-frame/FX-format
- FILE FORMAT STILL IMAGES NEF (RAW): 14 bit; choose from lossless compression, high efficiency (high), and high efficiency options JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1 : 4), normal (approx. 1 : 8), or basic (approx. 1 : 16) compression; size-priority and optimal-quality compression available HEIF: Supports fine (approx. 1 : 4), normal (approx. 1 : 8), or basic (approx. 1 : 16) compression; size-priority and optimal-quality compression available NEF (RAW)+JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats NEF (RAW)+HEIF: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and HEIF formats
- PICTURE CONTROL Auto , Standard , Neutral , Vivid , Monochrome , Portrait , Landscape , Flat Creative Picture Controls (Dream, Morning, Pop, Sunday, Somber, Dramatic, Silence, Bleached, Melancholic, Pure, Denim, Toy, Sepia, Blue, Red, Pink, Charcoal, Graphite, Binary, Carbon); selected Picture Control can be modified; storage for custom Picture Controls Note: Choice of Picture Controls is restricted to Standard, Monochrome, and Flat when HLG is selected for tone mode during still photography.
- FILE SYSTEM DCF 2.0, Exif 2.32, MPEG‑A MIAF
- STORAGE MEDIA CFexpress (Type B) , XQD , SD , SDHC (UHS-II compliant) , SDXC (UHS-II compliant)
- CARD SLOT 1 CFexpress card or XQD card and 1 Secure Digital (SD) card. Either card can be used for overflow or backup storage, for separate storage of NEF (RAW) and JPEG or HEIF pictures, or for storage of duplicate JPEG or HEIF pictures at different sizes and image qualities; pictures can be copied between cards.
- VIEWFINDER 1.27 cm(0.5 in.) approx. 3690k-dot (Quad VGA) OLED electronic viewfinder with color balance, auto and 18-level manual brightness controls, and support for high frame rates
- EYE SENSOR Automatically switches between monitor and viewfinder displays
- LENS COMPATIBILITY AT A GLANCE*** Z mount NIKKOR lenses F mount NIKKOR lenses (mount adapter required; restrictions may apply)
- VIEWFINDER DIOPTER ADJUSTMENT -4 to +3 m-1
- VIEWFINDER EYEPOINT 23 mm (-1.0 m-1; from rearmost surface of viewfinder eyepiece lens)
- VIEWFINDER MAGNIFICATION Approx. 0.8x (50 mm lens at infinity, -1.0 m-1)
- VIEWFINDER FRAME COVERAGE Approx. 100% horizontal and 100% vertical
- SHUTTER TYPE Electronic shutter with shutter sound and sensor shield
- FRAME ADVANCE RATE 1/32000 to 30 s (choose from step sizes of 1/3, 1/2, and 1 EV, extendable to 900 s in mode M), bulb, time
- SHUTTER RELEASE MODES Single frame , continuous low-speed , continuous high-speed , high-speed frame capture (with Pre-Release Capture) , Self-timer
- FLASH SYNC SPEED Flash synchronizes with shutter at speeds of 1/250 or 1/200 s; or slower (but note that the guide number drops at speeds of 1/200 to 1/250 s); sync speeds as fast as 1/8000 s are supported with auto FP high-speed sync
- CONTINUOUS SHOOTING OPTIONS Up to 120 fps Continuous low-speed: Approx. 1 to 10 fps Continuous high-speed: Approx. 10 to 20 fps High-speed frame capture (C30): Approx. 30 fps High-speed frame capture (C60): Approx. 60 fps High-speed frame capture (C120): Approx. 120 fps Maximum frame advance rate as measured by in-house tests.
- SELF-TIMER 2 s, 5 s, 10 s, 20 s; 1 to 9 exposures at intervals of 0.5, 1, 2, or 3 s
- SLOWEST SHUTTER SPEED 30 sec
- FASTEST SHUTTER SPEED 1/32000 sec
- TOP CONTINUOUS SHOOTING SPEED AT FULL RESOLUTION 20 fps
- EXPOSURE METERING TTL metering using camera image sensor
- EXPOSURE MODES P: programmed auto with flexible program, S: shutter-priority auto, A: aperture-priority auto, M: manual
- EXPOSURE LOCK Luminosity locked at detected value
- EXPOSURE COMPENSATION Range: -5 to +5 EV (choose from step sizes of 1/3 and 1/2 EV)
- METERING RANGE -3 to +17 EV Figures are for ISO 100 and f/2.0 lens at 20 °C/68 °F
- METERING METHOD Matrix metering Center-weighted metering: Weight of 75% given to 12 or 8 mm circle in center of frame or weighting can be based on average of entire frame Spot metering: Meters circle with a diameter of approximately 4 mm centered on selected focus point Highlight-weighted metering
- ISO SENSITIVITY ISO 64 to 25600 (choose from step sizes of 1/3 and 1 EV); can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.7, or 1 EV (ISO 32 equivalent) below ISO 64 or to approx. 0.3, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 102400 equivalent) above ISO 25600; auto ISO sensitivity control available. Note: ISO sensitivity is limited to 400 to 25600 when HLG is selected for tone mode.
- ACTIVE D-LIGHTING Auto, Extra high 2, Extra high 1, High, Normal, Low, and Off
- HIGHEST STANDARD ISO SENSITIVITY 25600
- LOWEST STANDARD ISO SENSITIVITY 64
FOCUS / AUTOFOCUS
- FOCUS POINT 493
- AF-AREA MODE Pinpoint (available in photo mode only), single-point, dynamic-area (S, M, and L; available in photo mode only), wide-area (S, L, C1, and C2), and auto-area AF; 3D-tracking (available in photo mode only); subject-tracking AF (available in video mode only)
- LENS SERVO Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S) , Continuous-servo AF (AF-C) , full-time AF (AF-F; available only in video mode) ; predictive focus tracking Manual focus (M): Electronic rangefinder can be used
- VR (VIBRATION REDUCTION) IMAGE STABILIZATION 5-axis image sensor shift
- DETECTION RANGE -7 to +19 EV (-9 to +19 EV with starlight view) Measured in photo mode at ISO 100 and a temperature of 20 °C/68 °F using single-servo AF (AF‑S) and a lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.2
- AUTOFOCUS SYSTEM Hybrid phase-detection/contrast AF with AF assist
- MAXIMUM AUTOFOCUS AREAS/POINTS 493
- FLASH COMPENSATION -3 to +1 EV (choose from step sizes of 1/3 and 1/2 EV)
- FLASH-READY INDICATOR Lights when optional flash unit is fully charged; flashes as underexposure warning after flash is fired at full output
- ACCESSORY SHOE ISO 518 hot-shoe with sync and data contacts and safety lock
- FLASH CONTROL TTL: i‑TTL flash control; i‑TTL balanced fill-flash is used with matrix, center-weighted, and highlight-weighted metering, standard i‑TTL fill-flash with spot metering
- FLASH SYNC MODES Front-curtain sync, slow sync, rear-curtain sync, red-eye reduction, red-eye reduction with slow sync, off
- NIKON CREATIVE LIGHTING SYSTEM (CLS) i-TTL flash control, radio-controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting, optical Advanced Wireless Lighting, modeling illumination, FV lock, Color Information Communication, auto FP high-speed sync, unified flash control
- WHITE BALANCE Auto (3 types), natural light auto, direct sunlight, cloudy, shade, incandescent, fluorescent (3 types), flash, choose color temperature (2500 to 10,000 K), preset manual (up to 6 values can be stored), all with fine-tuning
- WHITE BALANCE BRACKETING Yes. Exposure and/or flash, white balance, ADL
- MOVIE 7680 x 4320 (8K UHD): 30p (progressive)/25p/24p 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD): 120p/100p/60p/50p/30p/25p/24p 1920 x 1080: 120p/100p/60p/50p/30p/25p/24p Note: Actual frame rates for 120p, 100p, 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p are 119.88, 100, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps respectively. RAW Video: 8256 x 4644: 60p/50p/30p/25p/24p 5392 x 3032: 60p/50p/30p/25p/24p 4128 x 2322: 120p/100p/60p/50p/30p/25p/24p 3840 x 2160: 120p/100p/60p/50p Note: Actual frame rates for 120p, 100p, 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p are 119.88, 100, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps respectively.
- MOVIE METERING TTL metering using camera image sensor
- TIME-LAPSE MOVIE Yes
- MOVIE ACTIVE D-LIGHTING Extra high, High, Normal, Low, and Off
- MOVIE ISO Mode M: Manual selection (ISO 64 to 25600; choose from step sizes of 1/6, 1/3 and 1 EV); with additional options available equivalent to approximately 0.3, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 102400 equivalent) above ISO 25600; auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 64 to Hi 2.0) available with selectable upper limit Modes P, S, A: Auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 64 to Hi 2.0) with selectable upper limit Note: ISO sensitivity is limited to 400 to 25600 when HLG is selected for tone mode.
- MOVIE AUDIO Built-in stereo or external microphone with attenuator option; sensitivity adjustable
- MOVIE AUDIO RECORDING FORMAT Linear PCM (48 KHz, 24 bit, for videos recorded in NEV or MOV format) , AAC (48 KHz, 16 bit, for videos recorded in MP4 format)
- MOVIE VIDEO COMPRESSION N-RAW (12 bit), Apple ProRes RAW HQ (12 bit), Apple ProRes 422 HQ (10 bit), H.265/HEVC (8 bit/10 bit), H.264/AVC (8 bit)
- MOVIE FILE FORMAT NEV, MOV, MP4
- MOVIE MAXIMUM RECORDING TIME 125 min
- MONITOR SIZE 8 -cm ( 3.2 –in.) diagonal
- MONITOR RESOLUTION Approx. 2100 k-dot
- MONITOR TYPE Vertically and horizontally tilting TFT touch-sensitive LCD with 170° viewing angle, approximately 100% frame coverage, and color balance and 15-level manual brightness controls
- PLAYBACK FUNCTIONS Full-frame and thumbnail (up to 4, 9, or 72 pictures) playback with playback zoom, playback zoom cropping, video playback, slide shows, histogram display, highlights, photo information, location data display, auto picture rotation, picture rating, voice memo recording and playback, IPTC information embedding and display, filtered playback, skip to first shot in series, series playback, save consecutive frames, and motion blend
- INTERFACE Type C USB connectors - USB data connector (SuperSpeed USB) x1, USB Power Delivery connector x1. HDMI output connector: Type A connector. Audio input/output Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter). Ten-pin remote terminal: Built-in (can be used with MC-30A/MC-36A remote cords and other optional accessories)
- WI-FI FUNCTIONALITY Standards: IEEE 802.11b/g/n (Africa, the Middle East (other than Israel), Taiwan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Bolivia) IEEE 802.11b/g/n/a/ac (other countries in the Asia, Europe, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, the Republic of Fiji, U.S.A., Canada, and Mexico) Operating frequency: Australia, New Zealand, and the Republic of Fiji: 2412 to 2462 MHz (channel 11) and 5180 to 5825 MHz (5180 to 5580 MHz, 5660 to 5700 MHz, and 5745 to 5825 MHz) Asia (other than Turkey, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Taiwan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and India), and New Caledonia: 2412 to 2462 MHz (channel 11) and 5745 to 5805 MHz India: 2412 to 2472 MHz (channel 13) and 5180 to 5825 MHz (5180 to 5320 MHz and 5745 to 5825 MHz) Africa, the Middle East (other than Israel), Taiwan, Bangladesh, Pakistan: 2412 to 2462 MHz (channel 11) Maximum output power (EIRP): 2.4 GHz band: 1.4 dBm 5 GHz band (5180 to 5320 MHz): 10.8 dBm 5 GHz band (5500 to 5825 MHz): 7.8 dBm Authentication: Open system, WPA2-PSK, WPA3-SAE
- SMART DEVICE APP CONNECTIVITY SnapBridge
- SUPPORTED LANGUAGES English The languages available vary with the country or region in which the camera was originally purchased
- BATTERY / BATTERIES One EN‑EL15c rechargeable Li-ion battery * * EN‑EL15b and EN‑EL15a batteries can be used in place of the EN‑EL15c. Note, however, that fewer pictures can be taken on a single charge than with the EN‑EL15c. EH‑7P charging AC adapters and EH‑8P AC adapters can be used to charge EN‑EL15c and EN‑EL15b batteries only. MB-N12 power battery packs (available separately) taking two EN‑EL15c * batteries * EN‑EL15b and EN‑EL15a batteries can be used in place of the EN‑EL15c. Note, however, that fewer pictures can be taken on a single charge than with the EN‑EL15c.
- AC ADAPTER EH‑7P charging AC adapters (available separately) EH‑8P AC adapters; requires UC‑E25 USB cable (available separately) EH‑5d, EH‑5c, and EH‑5b AC adapters; requires EP‑5B power connector (available separately)
- WEIGHT (G) (BODY ONLY)*1 Approx. 910 g (2 lb. 0.1 oz.) with battery and memory card but without body cap and accessory shoe cover; Approx. 820 g (1 lb. 13 oz.) (camera body only)
- LENGTH X HEIGHT X WIDTH (MM) (BODY ONLY)* Approx. 144 x 118.5 x 83 mm ( 5.7 x 4.7 x 3.3 in.)
- TRIPOD SOCKET 0.635 cm (1/4 in., ISO 1222)
- ANIMAL EYE AF Yes
- 4K UHD Yes
- BLUETOOTH Communication protocols: Bluetooth Specification version 5.0 Operating frequency: Bluetooth: 2402 to 2480 MHz Bluetooth Low Energy: 2402 to 2480 MHz Maximum output power (EIRP): Bluetooth: -4.1 dBm Bluetooth Low Energy: -5.6 dBm