NIKON Z50 Body
Tiny has never been a bigger deal.
Meet the Z series mirrorless camera for the rest of us. Insanely small. Tough. Dead simple to use. Connected to your phone. Ready to transform you into a pro-caliber creator. Your followers won’t know what hit ’em.
Creativity comes full circle. A bigger mount. What a bright idea.
Z 50 is designed around Nikon’s revolutionary Z mount, the widest lens mount of any comparable camera system. A wider mount means more light, and more light means more of everything good—sharpness, contrast, focusing speed, low light performance and image quality.
It’s your story. Tell it beautifully.
4K Ultra HD and time-lapse, 1080p slow-motion, filters, effects and so much more.
Edit videos on the fly.
Shoot a clip, trim it right in the camera, send it to your phone and post it without missing a beat.1
Life’s more fun in slow motion.
Turn an ordinary moment into an epic 120 FPS slow motion 1080p Full HD video, great for bending time, speed ramping and more.
Little but fierce.
Slim, sleek, rugged design for every adventure.
The power of Z, only smaller.
Z 50 delivers the award-winning performance of Z series in the smallest interchangeable lens DX-format camera ever.2
Have camera, will travel.
Z 50’s strong, durable magnesium alloy construction makes it tough enough to take just about anywhere without fear. No need to baby this baby.
Works with your smartphone.
Built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth make sharing a snap. Install Nikon’s SnapBridge app, and your Apple® or Android™-powered phone becomes a powerful accessory for Z 50. Easily transfer photos and videos from the camera to your phone, and even use your phone as a remote monitor to to see what Z 50 sees, adjust camera settings, take pictures and record video.
Shines in low light.
With a 20.9MP DX CMOS sensor, a robust EXPEED 6 engine and the light-gathering advantages of the wider Z mount, photos and videos shot in low light look clean and professional.
See for your selfie.
Flip down the LCD screen to activate Self Portrait Mode—perfect for taking selfies and for vlogging.
Eye catching in so many ways.
When shooting photos, Z 50’s outstanding autofocus system can lock onto your subject’s eye and keep focus there, even when they’re in motion, for beautifully focused portraits.
Creative filters and effects.
Get creative with unique mood-setting filters and effects. Z 50 includes 20 high quality Creative Picture Controls and 10 Special Effects, all of which can be previewed in real-time and applied to both photos and videos.
Silence is golden.
When you need to be a fly on the wall—capturing intimate moments, candid portraits, wildlife, music and more—turn on Silent Photography Mode and shoot in complete silence.
A touch of genius.
Swipe through photos and videos, touch to focus, navigate camera menus as easily as using a smartphone with Z 50’s large high-resolution touchscreen.
Your camera, your style.
Customize your Z 50 to match your one-of-a-kind style with one of four newly designed camera bags.
Nikon Z50 Specs
- Lens Mount : Nikon Z
- Camera Format : APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)
- Pixels Actual: 21.51 Megapixel
- Effective: 20.9 Megapixel
- Maximum Resolution : 5568 x 3712
- Aspect Ratio : 1:1, 3:2, 16:9
- Sensor Type : CMOS
- Sensor Size : 23.5 x 15.7 mm
- Image File Format : JPEG, RAW
- Bit Depth : 14-Bit
- Image Stabilization : Digital (Video Only)
- Exposure Control
- ISO Sensitivity Auto, 100 to 51200 (Extended: 100 to 204800)
- Shutter Speed : Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
- 1/4000 to 30 Second
- Bulb Mode
- Time Mode
- Electronic Shutter
- 1/4000 to 30 Second
- Metering Method Center-Weighted Average, Highlight Weighted, Matrix, Spot
- Exposure Modes Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Exposure Compensation -5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)
- Metering Range -4 to 17 EV
- Continuous Shooting : Up to 11 fps at 20.9 MP
- Up to 5 fps at 20.9 MP
- Up to 4 fps at 20.9 MP
- Up to 30 fps at 8 MP
- Interval Recording : Yes
- Self-Timer : 2/5/10/20-Second Delay
- Recording Modes MOV/MP4/H.264
- UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p
- External Recording Modes UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 29.97p
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) up to 120p
- Recording Limit Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds
- Video Encoding NTSC/PAL
- ISO Sensitivity Auto/Manual: 100 to 25600
- Audio Recording Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
- External Microphone Input (Stereo)
- Audio File Format : AAC, Linear PCM
- Focus Type : Auto and Manual Focus
- Focus Mode : Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Full-Time Servo (F), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)
- Autofocus Points : Phase Detection: 209
- Autofocus Sensitivity : -2 to +19 EV
- Viewfinder and Monitor
- Viewfinder Type Electronic (OLED)
- Viewfinder Size 0.39"
- Viewfinder Resolution : 2,360,000 Dot
- Viewfinder Eye Point : 20 mm
- Viewfinder Coverage : 100%
- Viewfinder Magnification : Approx. 1.02x
- Diopter Adjustment : -3 to +3
- Monitor Size : 3.2"
- Monitor Resolution : 1,040,000 Dot
- Monitor Type : 180° Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Built-In Flash : Yes
- Flash Modes : Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Fill Flash, Off, Rear Sync, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
- Guide Number : 22.97' / 7 m at ISO 100
- Maximum Sync Speed : 1/200 Second
- Flash Compensation : -3 to +1 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)
- Dedicated Flash System iTTL
- External Flash Connection : Hot Shoe
- Memory Card Slot : Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)
- Connectivity : Micro-B (USB 2.0), HDMI D (Micro), 3.5mm Microphone
- Wireless : Bluetooth
- GPS : No
- Operating Temperature : 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
- Operating Humidity : 0 to 85%
- Battery 1 x EN-EL25 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.6 VDC, 1120 mAh (Approx. 300 Shots)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 4.98 x 3.68 x 2.36" / 126.5 x 93.5 x 60 mm
- Weight 13.93 oz / 395 g (Body Only)