SONY Alpha A6100 Kit 16-50mm (Black)
Code : ILCE6100L
Capture your world, share your vision
Capture special moments and portraits to remember and share. Thanks to stunning image quality and speed based on technology developed for our full-frame models, you can leave the hard work to the camera. The α6100 ensures you'll never miss an instant.
Real-time Tracking - Follow your subject with reliable precision
Keeping active subjects in constant, steady focus is absolutely vital to capturing every important moment, whether you're covering a sporting event or documenting everyday life. Sony's sophisticated AI-based2 subject-tracking algorithms won't let you down, processing massive volumes of spatial data at high speed and in real time.
Superior image resolution and natural-looking textures
The APS-C sensor uses copper wiring for better conductivity and enhanced circuit processing to help optimize light-collection efficiency. In conjunction with the latest-generation image processing engine, this enables better image resolution and natural-looking textures.
Cleaner images in dimly lit settings
Improved noise suppression produces cleaner images in dark settings where high-sensitivity shooting is required. The native ISO sensitivity reaches a maximum ISO 32000, with expanded ISO sensitivity up to ISO 51200 for stills. Noise reduction is particularly effective in the frequently used medium-to-high sensitivity range.
Lifelike skin tones
The skin tone feature inherited from our latest, highly acclaimed full-frame cameras captures the natural beauty of human skin tones, helping you take portraits that look their best.
Realistic color reproduction
Natural-looking images with improved color reproduction better match what you see in real life, with more vibrant colors of flowers and similar objects as well as suppression of jaggies and false colors.
Fast Hybrid AF for movies
Phase-detection AF and contrast-detection AF working together
Fast Hybrid AF brings high speed, accuracy and tracking performance to meet the stringent autofocus demands of 4K movies. More effective use of the focal plane phase-detection system enables more stable AF, while the contrast-detection AF system contributes to overall accuracy. Smooth, steady focus is maintained even when an object crosses in front of your subject.
High-resolution 4K movie recording
Full pixel readout, with no pixel binning, processes approximately 2.4 times8 as much information as is required for 4K (QFHD: 3840 x 2160) recording9, to produce movies with extraordinary detail, depth, and realism.
Touch Tracking for movies
The camera's Touch Tracking feature provides smooth, continuous focus tracking of your subject, and it can be activated with a simple touch of the display screen.
Expand your movie-making options
The camera can directly record movies in slow motion (up to 5x) and quick motion (up to 60x), without the need for PC post-processing.
External mic input for high-quality audio
The α6100 is equipped with an external microphone jack, giving you greater options for audio, to suit serious movie shooting and high-quality vlogging.
Self-framing made easy
It's easy to frame yourself for vlog recording and selfie shots thanks to the camera's LCD monitor, which tilts upward through a full 180 degrees.
Flexible low-angle shooting
The monitor tilts upward by 180° and downward by 74°, letting you more easily frame up your subject when shooting from low or high angles.
Convenient Touch Tracking and Touch Focus features
Once you have set Touch Tracking in the menu you can select your subject simply by touching the monitor. Whether you're taking stills or movies, the camera will begin auto-tracking. The Touch Focus feature is also simple to use – just touch the appropriate point on the monitor to set the focus.
Flexible, personalized control settings
Image of Customizable controls for your convenience
Customizable controls for your convenience
You can set up your α6100 for maximum convenience by assigning up to eight of its keys and controls to any of 89 different shooting and playback operations.
Image of My Menu feature for quick access
My Menu feature for quick access
The camera's My Menu feature lets you register up to 30 different menu items for quick access to operations that you use often.
Image of User-interface customization
The custom settings screen illustrates the position of camera control keys and buttons, so you can confirm function assignments at a glance. Also, you can view function menu options while you're customizing the function menu, for easier setup.
Sony A6100 Specs
- Lens Mount : Sony E
- Camera Format : APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)
- Pixels Actual: 25 Megapixel
- Effective: 24.2 Megapixel
- Maximum Resolution : 6000 x 4000
- Aspect Ratio : 1:1, 3:2, 16:9
- Sensor Type : CMOS
- Sensor Size : 23.5 x 15.6 mm
- Image File Format : JPEG, Raw
- Bit Depth : 14-Bit
- Image Stabilization : None
- Exposure Control
- ISO Sensitivity Auto, 100 to 32000 (Extended: 100 to 51200)
- Shutter Speed : Mechanical Shutter
- 1/4000 to 30 Second
- Bulb Mode
- 1/4000 to 1/4 Second in Movie Mode
- Metering Method : Center-Weighted Average, Multi-Zone, Spot
- Exposure Modes : Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Exposure Compensation : -5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)
- Metering Range : -2 to 20 EV
- White Balance : Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater
- Continuous Shooting : Up to 11 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 33 Exposures (Raw)
- Up to 11 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 77 Exposures (JPEG)
- Up to 8 fps at 24.2 MP
- Up to 6 fps at 24.2 MP
- Up to 3 fps at 24.2 MP
- Self-Timer : 2/5/10-Second Delay
- Recording Modes : XAVC S
- UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 24.00p/25p/29.97p [60 to 100 Mb/s]
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p [50 Mb/s]
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/50i/59.94i/59.94p [17 to 28 Mb/s]
- External Recording Modes 4:2:2 8-Bit
- UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 24.00p/25p/29.97p
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 24.00p/50i/50p/59.94i/59.94p
- Recording Limit Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds
- Video Encoding : NTSC/PAL
- Audio Recording : Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
- External Microphone Input (Stereo)
- Audio File Format : AAC LC, AC3, Dolby Digital 2ch, Linear PCM (Stereo)
- Focus Type : Auto and Manual Focus
- Focus Mode : Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)
- Autofocus Points : Phase Detection: 425
- Contrast Detection: 425
- Autofocus Sensitivity : -2 to +20 EV
- Viewfinder and Monitor
- Viewfinder Type Electronic (OLED)
- Viewfinder Size 0.39"
- Viewfinder Resolution : 1,440,000 Dot
- Viewfinder Eye Point : 23 mm
- Viewfinder Coverage : 100%
- Viewfinder Magnification : Approx. 0.7x
- Diopter Adjustment : -4 to +3
- Monitor Size : 3"
- Monitor Resolution : 921,600 Dot
- Monitor Type : 180° Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Built-In Flash : Yes
- Flash Modes : Auto, Fill Flash, Hi-Speed Sync, Off, Rear Sync, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Wireless
- Maximum Sync Speed : 1/160 Second
- Flash Compensation : -3 to +3 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)
- Dedicated Flash System : TTL
- External Flash Connection : Hot Shoe, Wireless
- Memory Card Slot : Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC/Memory Stick Duo Hybrid (UHS-I)
- Connectivity : 3.5mm Microphone, HDMI D (Micro), Micro-B (USB 2.0)
- Wireless : Wi-Fi
- GPS : None
- Operating Temperature : 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
- Battery 1 x NP-FW50 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1080 mAh (Approx. 420 Shots)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 4.72 x 2.63 x 2.34" / 120 x 66.9 x 59.4 mm
- Weight 0.87 lb / 396 g (Body with Battery and Memory)
- Packaging Info
- Package Weight : 1.43 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH) : 6.2 x 5.65 x 4.55"