Carry LESS. ENJOY.
The design of the X-E4 embodies the essence of everything that makes an X-E camera special. The timeless rangefinder styling and slim body mean you can carry this camera wherever you go. The metal dials not only envoke the traditional pleasure of using an analogue camera, but also helps you to plan and setup your camera even when it’s off.
Easy to use, but packed with features, the X-E4 lets you embrace your creativity.
Carry LESS. ENJOY.
Shutter Speed Dial
A new “Program (P)” position has been added to an X-E camera for the first time, which allows you to switch to programmed auto shooting for those quick capture, photo opportunities, temporarily freeing you from the need to worry about any of the settings. The joy of using dials has been preserved and the convenience has been enhanced.
180° degree Tilting LCD screen
X-E4 features a tilting LCD screen, allowing you to check the composition more conveniently from any angle, low or high. It can even be flipped a full 180° for selfie shooting.
The range-finder style viewfinder, located at the left side of the camera, allows you to track the movements occuring outside the frame with your left eye, and make prediction of what might happen within the frame. It’s a technique documentary photographers have used for years. Your right eye would then look through the 2.36 million dot, high-definition electronic viewfinder. The color tone and exposure can be checked live, allowing you to exactly what the camera will capture and fine-tune the output closer to what you have in mind.
Offering full customization and adapting flawlessly to your style of photography, X-E4 lets you work faster, smarter, and more instinctively. Store your favorite settings and recall them instantly by using the seven custom settings.
A large part of image quality and performance is determined by the heart and brains of the camera.
The sensor and processor in the X-E4 are the same as those used in our flagship X Series. In many ways, the only difference is the design of the camera.
You can experience the beauty of the “X-Trans CMOS 4” image sensor and power of the “X-Processor 4” processing engine in the most compact body.
Challenge your creativity wherever you are and carry the X-E4 with you to create more.
Carry LESS. ENJOY.
Maximum performance, minimum size
X-Trans CMOS 4
Boasting a resolution of 26.1MP, the sensor uses a unique color filter array, synonymous to X-Trans CMOS sensors, to control moiré and false color without the use of an optical low-pass filter. Its back-illuminated structure enhances image quality while maintaining a high S/N ratio. Furthermore, the sensor is equipped with 2.16M phase detection AF pixels covering approx. 100% of the frame which supports high autofocus performance regardless of where the subject is located within the frame.
X-Processor 4, the latest version of X Series’ image processing engine, combined with the latest algorithm, enhances the Film Simulation modes, substantially improving the camera’s ability to track moving subjects, boosts AF’s speed and accuracy, and allows for a more diverse range of video functions. It maximizes the full potential of X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor to deliver the highest performance in all aspects in the history of X Series.
A legacy in color science is at the root of any image you set out to create.
Developed from knowledge and technologies accumulated over 85 years, Fujifilm’s Film Simulations produce superb depth, saturation, and tonality that need little-to-no enhancement.
18 Types of Film Simulation
- Classic chrome
- Prog Neg. Hi
- Prog Neg. Std
- Classic Neg
- Eterna Bleach ByPass
- Color Chrome Blue
- Color Chrome Effect
- Monochromatic Color
This adds more depth and naturally enhances the vividness of the color.
There are times when the focusing performance is critical to capture the moment as you remember. The ability to quickly respond to your intention and accurately focus to where you need is essential so that you can concentrate on the composition.
With the super fast and accurate autofocus, the X-E4 will increase the success rate of your photos and support your creativity.
With its X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X Processor 4 image processing engine combining to produce best-in-class autofocus performance, the X-E4 offers AF speed equivalent to that of other high-performance X Series Mirrorless Cameras*, reaching an incredible 0.02 secs. No matter the situation, X-E4’s AF can track and hold the most difficult of moving subjects with tenacious speed, or lock onto an individual’s face with wonderfully intelligent anticipation.
Face/Eye Detection AF
Utilising the phase detection pixels across the entire sensor and the latest autofocus algorithm, the X-E4 has blazing fast and accurate face and eye detection AF which can track a subject across the frame. Meaning you don’t need to stress about capturing that crucial moment and just focus on your picture
Low Light AF
X-E4’s Intelligent Hybrid Phase Detection autofocus system delivers sharp and clear results. With a sensitivity of up to -7EV*, autofocus can be used even in nighttime conditions where other cameras might struggle.
*When XF50mmF1.0 R WR lens is attached
AF speed and performance doesn’t let up when it comes to other subjects. The AF algorithm detects shapes and colors to identify subjects and keep them in focus with high-speed tracking performance. Simply activate focus with a half-press of the shutter button and X-E4 will smoothly and accurately track them as they move around the frame.
With its high-resolution 4K output that is oversampled from pure 6K data, easy to use recording modes, and intuitive controls, FUJIFILM X-E4 lets you record beautifully detailed and natural-looking footage to create high-quality, professional movies. You can even switch to Full HD mode and record at 240fps, to achieve a 10x slow-motion effect for those times where every part of the action needs to be seen.
Full range of high quality X mount lenses, along with rich variation of genuine accessories are available.
Enhance the joy of your daily experience with the X-E4.
XF27mmF2.8 R WR
XF27mmF2.8 R WR, the thinnest and lightest X mount lens will be available at the same time as the X-E4. Weighing only 84g, this lens would be best for daily base photography.
- Model name FUJIFILM X-E4
- Number of effective pixels 26.1 millions pixels
- Image sensor 23.5mm x 15.6mm (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS 4 with primary color filter
- Sensor Cleaning System Ultra Sonic Vibration
- Storage media SD Card (~2GB) / SDHC Card (~32GB) / SDXC Card (~2TB)
- UHS-I *1
- File format of still image Compliant with Design rule for Camera File system (DCF2.0)
- JPEG: Exif Ver.2.32 *2
- RAW: 14bit RAW (RAF original format)
- Number of recorded pixels [L]<3:2> 6240 × 4160 <16:9> 6240 × 3512 <1:1> 4160 × 4160
- [M]<3:2> 4416 × 2944 <16:9> 4416 × 2488 <1:1> 2944 × 2944
- [S]<3:2> 3120 × 2080 <16:9> 3120 × 1760 <1:1> 2080 × 2080
- Panorama [L]9600 x 2160 [L]9600 x 1440
- [L]6400 x 2160 [M]6400 x 1440
- Lens Mount FUJIFILM X mount
- Image Processing Engine X-Processor 4
- Sensitivity Still Image [Standard Output]AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3 / ISO160~12800 (1/3 step)
- [Extended Output]ISO80 / 100 / 125 / 25600 / 51200
- Movie [Standard Output]AUTO / ISO160～12800 (1/3 step)
- [Extended Output]ISO25600
- Exposure control TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average / Center Weighted
- Exposure mode P (Program AE) / A (Aperture Priority AE) / S (Shutter Speed Priority AE) / M (Manual Exposure)
- Exposure compensation -5.0EV - +5.0EV 1/3EV step (Movie: -2.0EV - +2.0EV)
- Shutter type Focal Plane Shutter
- Shutter speed Mechanical shutter P mode: 4sec. to 1/4000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/4000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/4000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.
- Electronic shutter*3 P mode: 4sec. to 1/32000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/32000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/32000sec. Bulb mode: 1sec. Fixed
- Mechanical + Electronic shutter*3 P mode: 4sec. to 1/32000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/32000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/32000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.
- Movie DCI4K/4K: 1/4000sec. to 1/24 sec. FHD: 1/4000sec. to 1/24 sec.
- *Cannot choose slower shutter speed than framerate.
- Synchronized shutter speed for flash 1/180sec. or slower
- Continuous shooting
- Approx. 30fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ](JPEG： 29 frames Lossless compressed RAW: 17 frames Compressed RAW: 17 frames Uncompressed RAW： 17 frames)
- Approx. 20fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ](JPEG： 79 frames Lossless compressed RAW: 17 frames Compressed RAW: 20 frames Uncompressed RAW： 17 frames)
- Approx. 10fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ](JPEG： 153 frames Lossless compressed RAW: 18 frames Compressed RAW: 26 frames Uncompressed RAW： 18 frames)
- Approx. 20fps [Only electronic shutter ](JPEG： 32 frames Lossless compressed RAW: 17 frames Compressed RAW: 17 frames Uncompressed RAW： 17 frames)
- Approx. 10fps [Only electronic shutter ](JPEG： 81 frames Lossless compressed RAW: 18 frames Compressed RAW: 21 frames Uncompressed RAW： 18 frames)
- Approx. 8.0fps (JPEG： 105 frames Lossless compressed RAW: 18 frames Compressed RAW: 23 frames Uncompressed RAW： 18 frames)
- Approx. 5.0fps (JPEG： 458 frames Lossless compressed RAW: 24 frames Compressed RAW: 46 frames Uncompressed RAW： 19 frames)
- Approx. 4.0fps (JPEG： endless frames Lossless compressed RAW: 28 frames Compressed RAW: 107 frames Uncompressed RAW： 20 frames)
- Approx. 3.0fps (JPEG： endless frames Lossless compressed RAW: 34 frames Compressed RAW: 480 frames Uncompressed RAW： 21 frames)
- Pre-shot: Approx. 30fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (max. 10 frames while half press, max. 15 frames after full press, total max. 25 frames)
- Pre-shot: Approx. 20fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (max. 10 frames while half press, max. 48 frames after full press, total max. 58 frames)
- Pre-shot: Approx. 10fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (max. 10 frames while half press, max. 110 frames after full press, total max. 120 frames)
- *Recordable frames depends on recording media
- *Speed of continuous shooting depends on shooting environment and shooting frames
- Auto bracketing
- AE Bracketing (Frames: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9 Step: by 1/3EV step, up to ±3EV steps)
- Filmsimulation bracketing (Any 3 types of film simulation selectable)
- Dynamic Range Bracketing (100%, 200%, 400%)
- ISO sensitivity Bracketing (±1/3EV, ±2/3EV, ±1EV)
- White Balance Bracketing (±1, ±2, ±3)
- Focus Bracketing (AUTO, MANUAL)
- Multiple Exposure Yes (Max. 9 frames) Additive, Average, Bright, Dark
- Mode Single AF / Continuous AF / MF
- Type Intelligent Hybrid AF (TTL contrast AF / TTL phase detection AF)
- Low-light Performance Contrast: -4.0EV Phase Detection: -7.0EV (XF50mmF1.0 attached)
- AF frame selection Single point AF: EVF / LCD: 13×9 / 25×17 (Changeable size of AF frame)
- Zone AF: 3×3 / 5×5 / 7×7 from 117 areas on 13×9 grid
- Wide/Tracking AF: (up to 18 area)*AF-S: Wide / AF-C: Tracking
- Face/eye detection Yes
- White balance Auto (WHITE PRIORITY, AUTO, AMBIENCE PRIORITY), / Custom1 - 3 / Color temperature selection (2500K - 10000K) /
- Preset: Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light, Underwater
- Self-timer 10sec. / 2sec.
- Interval timer shooting Yes (Setting : Interval, Number of shots, Starting time, Interval timer shooting exposure smoothing)
- SYNC. MODE 1ST CURTAIN / 2ND CURTAIN / AUTO FP(HSS) (excl. EF-X8)
- FLASH MODE
- TTL (TTL AUTO (P mode) / STANDARD / SLOW SYNC. ) / MANUAL / COMMANDER / OFF (When EF-X8 is set)
- TTL (TTL AUTO (P mode) / STANDARD / SLOW SYNC. ) / MANUAL / MULTI / OFF (When SHOE MOUNT FLASH is set)
- Hot shoe Yes (Dedicated TTL Flash compatible)
- Viewfinder 0.39 inch approx. 2.36 millions dots OLED Color Viewfinder
- Coverage of viewing area vs. capturing area: approx. 100%
- Eyepoint: approx. 17.5mm (from the eyepiece lens) Diopter adjustment: -4 - +2m-1 (lockable)
- Magnification: 0.62x with 50mm lens (35mm equivalent) at infinity and diopter set to -1m-1
- Diagonal angle of view: approx. 31° (Horizontal angle of view: approx. 26° ) Built-in eye sensor
- Touch Screen Mode : Shooting Mode
- Focus Area
- Double Tap Setting
- Touch Function Setting
- EVF Touch Screen Area Setting
- Playback Mode
- Pinch-in / Pinch-out
- LCD monitor 3.0 inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1.62 millions dots touch screen color LCD monitor(approx. 100% coverage)
- Movie recording
- File format MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: Linear PCM / Stereo sound 24bit / 48KHz sampling)
- MP4 (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC)
- Movie compression Long-GOP
- File size
- Frame rate
- Recording time
- [DCI 4K(4096 x 2160)] 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps up to approx. 30min.
- [4K(3840 x 2160)] 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps up to approx. 30min.
- [Full HD(2048 x 1080)] 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps/50Mbps up to approx. 30min.
- [Full HD(1920 x 1080)] 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps/50Mbps up to approx. 30min.
- [Full HD(1920 x 1080) High speed rec.]
- 240p / 200p 200Mbps(recording) up to approx. 3min.
- 120p / 100p 200Mbps(recording) up to approx. 6min.
- *For recording movies, use a SD memory card with UHS Speed Class 3 or higher.
- *Recording time can become short depending on the temperature and/or shooting conditions
- Film simulation mode 18 modes (PROVIA/Standard, Velvia/Vivid, ASTIA/Soft, Classic Chrome, PRO Neg.Hi, PRO Neg.Std,
- Black & White, Black & White+Ye Filter, Black & White+R Filter, Black & White+G Filter, Sepia, ACROS,
- ACROS+Ye Filter, ACROS+R Filter, ACROS+G Filter, ETERNA/Cinema, Classic Neg, Classic Neg., ETERNA BLEACH BYPASS)Monochromatic Color
- Clarity setting ±5 steps
- HDR mode AUTO, 200%, 400%, 800%, 800% +
- Grain Effect Roughness: STRONG, WEAK, OFF Size: LARGE, SMALL
- Color chrome effect STRONG, WEAK, OFF
- Color chrome Blue STRONG, WEAK, OFF
- Dynamic range setting
- Still AUTO / 100％ / 200％ / 400％ DR100%: No limit、DR200%: ISO320 or more、DR400%: ISO640 or more
- Movie 100％ / 200％ / 400％ DR100%: No limit、DR200%: ISO320 or more、DR400%: ISO640 or more
- Advanced filter Toy camera, Miniature, Pop color, High-key, Low-key, Dynamic tone, Soft focus,
- Partial color (Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Purple)
- Wireless transmitter
- Standard IEEE802.11b/g/n (standard wireless protocol)
- Encryption WEP/ WPA/WPA2 mixed mode
- Access mode Infrastructure
- Standartd Bluetooth Ver. 4.2 (Bluetooth low energy)
- Operating frequency (Center frequency) 2402〜2480MHz
- Digital interface USB Type-C (USB3.2 Gen1x1)
- HDMI output HDMI Micro connector (Type D)
- Others ø3.5mm, stereo mini connector (for Microphone and Remote Release), Hot shoe
- Power supply NP-W126S Li-ion battery (included)
- Battery life for still images*4 Approx. 460 frames (Normal Mode) When XF35mmF1.4 R is set.
- Actual battery life of movie capture*4
- *Face detection is set to OFF [4K] approx. 45min. (29.97p)
- [Full HD] approx. 75min. (59.94p)
- Continuance battery life of movie capture*4
- *Face detection is set to OFF [4K] approx. 60min. (29.97p)
- [Full HD] approx. 75min. (59.94p)
- Dimensions (W) 121.3mm × (H) 72.9mm × (D) 32.7mm (minimum depth 32.9mm) (W) 121.3mm × (H) 72.9mm × (D) 32.7mm (minimum depth)
- Weight Approx. 364g (including battery and SD memory card)
- Approx. 315g (excluding battery and SD memory card)
- Operation Environment
- Operating Temperature 0℃～+40℃
- Operating Humidity 10% - 80% (no condensation)
- Starting up period Approx. 0.4sec.
- Accessories included
- Li-ion battery NP-W126S
- USB cable
- Headphone adapter
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Owner's manual