EOS R6 Mark II
The 6ame ChangeR
Seize the best of videography and photography with the EOS R6 Mark II. Capable of recording up to 6K 60p 10-bit RAW movies with HDMI output, this game changer provides you with the highest image quality and flexibility for post-processing.
The highly accurate 40 fps burst shooting ensures you capture every moment with full clarity.
- Approx. 24.2MP full-frame CMOS sensor
- 6K RAW HDMI out, 4K 60p (6K Oversampling) & FHD 180p
- Up to 40 fps & up to 8 stops image stabilisation
Impressive Details at 4K 60p
The EOS R6 Mark II gives you amazing 4K quality videos even at 60p through the 6K oversampling process that applies the debayer algorithm used in the CINEMA EOS system. Enjoy video quality with enhanced clarity and reduced noise compared to native 4K recordings.
Spruce up your storytelling with some dramatic slow-motion effects with the 180p Full High Definition (FHD) recording.
Whether you are filming falling water, bursting confetti or a mid-air jump, slow down the action by up to 6x when playing your video at 30fps.
6K 60p RAW
Push the boundaries of video post-processing with the 6K 60p 10-bit RAW movie* that comes with a wider dynamic range and more clarity.
In addition, you get the flexibility to pan and zoom comfortably within the 6K resolution and still be able to deliver high-quality 4K resolution output.
*Can only be recorded via HDMI output with compatible external recording device, ie: Atomos Ninja V+
Canon Log 3
Well-liked among filmmakers for its excellent dynamic range, Canon Log 3 can showcase smooth gradation in high contrast, making it highly versatile with high editing tolerance during post-production.
Through this function, you can identify the exposure state of the recording, allowing you to make adjustments to prevent under or overexposure in your video.
Quickly spot any potential overexposure with the Zebra Patterns displayed on areas where brightness exceeds a preset level, allowing you to make necessary adjustments before highlights get clipped.
Focus Breathing Correction
Typically, the change in focus point would result in a change in focal length due to the lens adjusting the focus distance. The EOS R6 Mark II would correct the change in the field of view as you change the focus point to suppress the focus breathing to give you a seamless video recording.
For more creative expression, you can also select the focusing speed to match the effect and speed of the subject.
Steady & Smooth Videos
Coordinated Control combines all three image-stabilising systems in the camera: 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilizer, Optical Image Stabilizer and Movie Digital Image Stabilizer.
The EOS R6 Mark II suppresses large camera shakes or movement that usually occurs when you're recording while walking, so you can get stable footage even with just a minimal camera setup.
The EOS R6 Mark II can function as your external camera or webcam with USB Video Class/USB Audio Class (UVC/UAC) support. No additional drivers or applications required, just plug-and-play via USB on any Windows or MacOS computer.
Set yourself apart by reaching out to your viewers with exceptional video quality during livestreams.
Almost never miss any unexpected moments again with the EOS R6 Mark II's Pre-recording function.
Selecting 3 or 5 seconds of pre-recording gives you additional footage before hitting the record button.
Hybrid Auto Mode
You can now create a short clip for the day without you actually recording one.
The Hybrid Auto Mode will automatically capture moments of approx. 2-4 seconds before you take a photo and compile it into the short film in FHD 30p.
Dual Card Recording
Simultaneously record videos and stills into both SD card slots for peace of mind.
Customise recording methods to best suit your workflow needs. Record 4K 60p and FHD 180p on each card, or choose to record images and videos in separate cards.
You can lock onto a subject in a blink of an eye with autofocus speed as fast as 0.03 seconds. Coupled with a continuous shooting speed of up to 40fps in electronic shutter and up to 12fps in mechanical shutter with AF/AE tracking, the EOS R6 Mark II can capture high-speed action with extremely high accuracy.
The quiet burst of 40 fps can prove helpful in situations that require silence such as concerts or wildlife shoots.
Superior Image Quality
A newly developed 24.2-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor mated with the latest DIGIC X image processor delivers high-quality images with lesser noise.
Capture amazing images even in challenging lighting conditions with the low light sensitivity of up to EV -6.5 and ISO that goes up to 102,400.
High Dynamic Range (HDR)
HDR mode lets you capture realistic images with a wider range of tonality, approx. 3000 nits. With Dynamic Range Priority, the camera takes 3 shots at different exposure levels, then combines them into 1 composite HDR image.
The new Moving Subject Priority lets you achieve HDR image with a single shot instead of the conventional 3 shots, best suited for moving subjects.
Challenge yourself with longer exposure time, pushing the limits of creativity while getting sharp images.
Equipped with 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilizer, the EOS R6 Mark II provides you with up to 8 stops of image stabilisation so you can shoot handheld even in low-light conditions.
New RAW Processing
Unlock the full potential of your images when you shoot in RAW format.
Compared to in-camera RAW conversion or using the Canon Digital Photo Professional PC software, conversion of RAW images using the Cloud RAW Image Processing will produce much higher quality JPEG files. Utilizing deep learning technology in the image processing, the resulting images will have lesser noise without losing any details.
*This function is a paid service only available for selected models.
Accurate Auto Focus
Equipped with the EOS iTR AF X (Intelligent Tracking & Recognition Autofocus), the camera accurately detects and tracks the subjects while you focus on getting the best composition.
Be amazed by the camera’s ability to track the subject's body, head or eye as they move, even if they get obscured, with high accuracy.
EOS R6 Mark II even provides you the option of selecting which eye to track via Left/Right Eye Priority Tracking which will be very helpful in capturing close-ups of moving subjects.
The Animal Priority subject tracking has proven valuable to animal photographers because keeping animals in focus can be difficult.
Apart from being able to track the face, eyes and body of cats, dogs and birds, this feature now applies to horses too.
The Vehicle priority tracks the body of vehicles, including the helmet of motorcycle riders to help you get sharp images in the fast-paced world of motorsports.
With the expansion to include trains and aeroplanes, you can pursue train and aviation photography with ease.
Auto Subject Detection
If you cannot determine the kind of subjects you will be capturing, Auto Subject Detection will automatically detect and track subjects without switching to any AF priority modes.
There is also an option to limit the type of subjects to exclude, so that these subjects are not available to select under the Subject to detect selection menu.
Deep Learning-based Subject Tracking
Rely more on the camera to track subjects for you.
Tracking performance has been improved by applying deep learning technology to subject tracking. By extracting subject features with deep learning, the EOS R6 Mark II can easily keep tracking subjects despite changes in posture, orientation, or ambient brightness.
Wired & Wireless
With the Canon Camera Connect app, you can change settings, trigger your camera remotely, and even transfer videos and images to your smart devices. Connect the EOS R6 Mark II to your Android or iOS smart devices using a compatible USB-C cable or wirelessly via Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5GHz) or Bluetooth Low Energy (LE).
For professional photographers in the field, transferring images to a remote FTP server is possible with the Mobile File Transfer app.
The layout of the buttons and switches has been redesigned for the convenience of those who take photos and videos. In addition, a dedicated lever to toggle between photo and video modes has been added for you to switch between the modes quickly without needing to use the mode dial.
The texture of the Multi-controller has also been improved to enhance the tactile feeling.
High Precision EVF
A high-quality 0.5-inch OLED electronic viewfinder with approximately 3.69 million dots allows superb colour reproduction close to the sRGB colour space. With a refresh rate of up to 119.88 fps, viewing is exceptionally comfortable and smooth, even during shooting that requires fast panning.
Shoot from any angle, whether overhead or low down.
The fully articulating 3.0-inch touchscreen LCD with 1.62-million-dot offers flexibility and convenience for more challenging angles.
Dust- & Drip-Resistance
Besides being dust- and drip-resistant, the EOS R6 Mark II is solidly built with a highly durable magnesium alloy chassis to withstand the elements.
The camera incorporates plenty of sealing and high-precision parts—both of which help prevent dust and water droplets from entering the camera.
The shutter mechanism of the EOS R6 Mark II has an outstanding endurance of approx. 400,000 cycles, so you can burst through those shots with peace of mind.
The shutter curtain can be set to close upon powering off to prevent dust from entering. It can also be left open to eliminate any sound during power-up, especially when performing silent shooting.
- AF Modes One-Shot AF, AI Focus AF, Servo AF
- AF Point Selection Spot AF, 1-point AF, Expand AF area (above/below/left/right or around), Flexible Zone AF 1 / 2 / 3, Whole area AF
- AF System Points Max. 1053 AF frame zones (Stills/Movies)
- Built-in Flash -
- Closest Focusing Distance (cm) -
- Continuous Shooting Speed (Shots Per Sec) (Up To) Mechanical shutter & Electronic 1st curtain: 12 Electronic shutter: 40
- Digital Zoom Digital Tele-converter x2.0 & x4.0
- Dimensions (Excl. Protrusions) (mm) (Approx.) 138.4 x 98.4 x 88.4
- Drive System -
- Effective ISO
- Stills: 100–102,400 (L:50 / H:204,800)
- Movie: 100–25,600 (H:204800)
- Canon Log movies: ISO 800–25,600 (L:100-640, H:32,000 - 204,800)
- HDR PQ movies: ISO 100–25,600
- Effective Pixels (Megapixels) : 24.2
- Exposure Compensation
- ±3 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increments
- AEB: ±3 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increments
- Eye Detection AF : Auto/ Left Eye/ Right Eye (Auto, People and Animal AF mode)
- Flash Modes : -
- Focal Length (35mm Equivalent) : -
- Guide Number ISO 100 metres : -
- Image Resolution
- 6000×4000 (JPEG L/RAW/C-RAW/HEIF)
- 3984×2656 (HEIF, JPEG M)
- 2976×1984 (HEIF, JPEG S1)
- 2400×1600 (HEIF, JPEG S2)
- Image Stabilizer
- In-body 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilisation (Still/Movie)
- Movie Digital IS
- LCD Monitor (Size) (Inch) : 3.0
- LCD Monitor Resolutions (dots) : 1.62 million
- Manual Focus : Yes
- Memory Card Type : Dual Card Slots (SD, SDHC*, SDXC*) *UHS-II cards supported
- Metering Mode
- Stills: Evaluative, Partial, Spot, Center-weighted average
- Movie: Evaluative (when faces are detected), Center-weighted average (when no faces are detected/When set to Canon Log 3)
- Movie Format : MP4
- Optical Zoom : -
- Optional Power
- AC Power (AC Adapter AC-E6N and DC Coupler DR-E6)
- USB Power (PD-E1)
- Peripheral Connections
- USB Type-C (SuperSpeed Plus USB (USB 3.2 Gen 2) equivalent)
- External microphone IN
- Headphone terminal
- HDMI micro (Type D)
- Remote control (BR-E1 via Bluetooth connection)
- Processor Type : DIGIC X
- Sensor Size Full-frame : CMOS
- Shooting Modes : A+/Special scene mode/Creative filters/Fv/P/Tv/Av/M/B/C1/C2/C3
- Shutter Speed Range (Sec.)
- Stills: Mechanical / Electronic 1st-curtain: 30 - 1/8000, Electronic shutter: 30 - 1/16000
- Movie recording: Auto exposure: 1/60* - 1/8000
- Shutter-priority/Manual exposure: 1/8* - 1/8000
- *Varies by shooting mode and frame rate
- Silent Shutter : Yes
- Standard Power Supply : LP-E6NH / LP-E6N / LP-E6
- Still Image Format : JPEG, HEIF, RAW, C-RAW
- Viewfinder Coverage (Approx.) : 100%
- Viewfinder Type
- 0.5-inch OLED, approx. 3.69million dots
- 59.94/119.88 fps Refresh Rate
- Weight (g) (Including the battery and memory card) (Approx.) *For camera kits, weight includes kit lens(es). : 670
- White Balance
- Auto (Ambience priority / White priority), Daylight, Shade, Cloudy (Effective in twilight and sunset), Tungsten light, White fluorescent light, Flash*, Custom, Color temperature setting (approx. 2500–10000 K)
- Shoot to set white balance (Live View), White balance shift and white balance bracketing features available
- *Flash color temperature information transmission possible (EX / EL Series Speedlite)
- (sec.) Mechanical shutter: 1/200
- Electronic 1st curtain: 1/250