EOS M6 Mark II
Small Yet Extraordinary
This little bundle of features is so compact and lightweight that you might forget that it inside your bag. EOS M6 Mark II can burst up to 30fps with its RAW burst mode while tracking that the dancer on stage without disrupting others with the silent electronic shutter that goes up to 1/16,000s (freezing any movements by the dancer)
EOS M6 Mark II’s low-intensity limit of EV -5 ensures accurate focus in the dimly lit performance hall and the ISO sensitivity of up to 51,200 enables well-lit images.
You could record the performance with EOS M6 Mark II’s 4K video recording in uncropped or cropped mode, getting the full view of the huge hall or have more zoom to get the expression of the dancer.
- 32.5MP APS-C CMOS Sensor + DIGIC 8
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- 30fps RAW burst mode (One -Shot & Servo AF)
- 5,481 selectable focus positions
- Eye Detection AF (One-Shot & Servo AF)
- 4K Video (Uncropped/Cropped)
A new firmware will be released in first half of 2020 to include 24p (23.98fps) mode for video recording in 4K and Full HD resolutions.
Every Moment Captured
With EOS M6 Mark II’s RAW burst mode, you would be capturing up to 30 shots in one second (30fps) — allowing you to pick that perfect shot she blows her first birthday cake. Pre-shoot function even allows to record up to 0.5seconds before you press shutter button, so you'll be able to capture those candid moments as well.
This mode is not only available in One-Shot AF but also in Servo AF, ensuring every image of your child walking towards you for the very first time.
EOS M6 Mark II shoots uncropped Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K videos, giving you the full angle-of-view of the lens used to capture the entire theatre and the Dual Pixel CMOS AF provides you with high-speed and high-precision focusing on the performance on stage.
For a further reach, EOS M6 Mark II allows users to shoot in cropped UHD 4K quality giving their lens a further reach to capture the expression of the actors performing.
Eye Detection AF
The EOS M6 Mark II sports the Eye Detection AF, which can detect and focus on the subject’s pupil. Especially useful when shooting wide open on large aperture lens, always ensuring that the eye is in focus—ideal for portrait shooting.
This function is also available in Servo mode which means capturing candid genuine expression of moving subjects is now made possible. Imagine an interview of a chef cooking or even as the bride walks down the aisle, and the focus is always locked on to the eye as they move.
- AF Modes One-Shot AF, Servo AF
- AF point selection Automatic selection, Manual selection
- AF System Points Max. 5,481 selectable AF point positions / Up to 143 AF areas (auto selection)
- Built-in Flash YES
- Closest Focusing Distance (cm) -
- Continuous Shooting Speed (shots per sec) (Up to) Up to 30 (RAW burst mode) / 14 (One Shot AF/Servo AF)
- Digital Zoom -
- Dimensions (Excl. Protrusions) (mm) (Approx.) 119.6 x 70.0 x 49.2
- Drive System -
- Effective ISO 100 - 25,600 (H:51,200)
- Effective Pixels (megapixels) 32.5
- Exposure Compensation ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments AEB: ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- Eye detection AF One-Shot AF & Servo AF
- Flash Modes E-TTL II Autoflash, FE Lock, Manual pop-up, Retractable, Built-in
- Focal Length (35mm Equivalent) -
- Guide Number ISO 100 metres 4.6
- Image Resolution 6960 x 4640 (L) 4800 x 3200 (M) 3472 x 2320 (S1) 2400 x 1600 (S2) 6960 x 4640 (RAW/C-RAW)
- Image Stablizer In-body 5-axis electronic image stabilisation
- LCD Monitor (Size) (Inch) 3.0
- LCD Monitor Resolutions (dots) 1,040,000
- Manual Focus YES
- Memory Card Type SD, SDHC*, SDXC*, *UHS-I & UHS-II cards compatible
- Metering Mode Evaluative, Partial, Spot, Centre-weighted average
- Movie Format MP4
- Optical Zoom -
- Optional Power AC Power (Compact Power Adapter CA-PS700 and DC Coupler DR-E17)
- Peripheral Connections USB-Type C, HDMI (Type D) / Microphone / Remote
- Processor Type DIGIC 8
- Sensor Size APS-C
- Shooting Modes Scene Intelligent Auto, Hybrid Auto, Special scene modes (Self Portrait, Portrait, Smooth Skin, Landscape, Sports, Panning, Close-up, Food, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control), Creative filters (Grainy B/W, Soft focus, Fish-eye effect, Water painting effect, Toy camera effect, Miniature effect, HDR art standard, HDR art vivid, HDR art bold, HDR art embossed), Program AE, Shutter-priority AE, Aperture-priority AE, Flexible-priority AE, Manual exposure, Custom mode 1, Custom mode 2, Movie
- Shutter Speed Range (Sec.) 30 – 1/4000, (1/16000 electronic shutter), Bulb
- Silent Shutter Available: Single Shot / RAW burst mode
- Standard Power Supply Battery Pack LP-E17
- Still Image Format JPEG, RAW, C-RAW, RAW + JPEG, C-RAW + JPEG
- Viewfinder Type EVF-DC2 (Optional)
- Weight (g) (Including the battery and memory card) (Approx.)
- *For camera kits, weight includes kit lens(es). 408g
- White Balance Auto (Ambience priority), Auto (White priority), Preset (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten light, White fluorescent light, Flash), Custom White balance correction, Color temperature White balance bracketing provided * Flash color temperature information transmission possible
- X-sync (sec.) 1/200