EOS 90D (EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM)
Prodigy Mid-Range DSLR
Designed for those looking to hone their craft further, EOS 90D have 45 cross-type AF points in its 100% coverage optical viewfinder and can shoot up to 10 fps even in tracking-capturing those deciding moments whether for sports or wildlife photography. The 5,481 selectable focus positions and Eye Detection AF provides more creative freedom in composition while using Live View, ensuring every image is tack sharp.
EOS 90D can shoot 4K videos in uncropped or cropped mode, providing users with the ability to get the full angle-of-view or to reach further with their lens.
Operability of EOS 90D is taken up a notch with its moisture and dust resistance, a new multi-controller and an enhanced shutter button that reduces fatigue during continuous shooting.
- 32.5MP APS-C CMOS Sensor + DIGIC 8
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- 45 cross-type AF (Optical Viewfinder)
- Face detection (Optical Viewfinder & Live View)
- 5,481 selectable focus positions (Live View)
- Eye Detection AF (One-Shot & Servo AF – Live View)
- 4K Video (Uncropped/Cropped)
*Output in 4K(UHD) resolution through processing.
A new firmware will be released end of October 2019 to include 24p (23.98fps) mode for video recording in 4K and Full HD resolutions.
At the heart of EOS 90D, there’s the 32.5 megapixels APS-C CMOS sensor and Canon’s proprietary DIGIC 8 processor. With the two combined, EOS 90D is capable of delivering stunning image quality at high resolution—closer to higher-end models.
The ISO capability has greatly been improved allowing ISO sensitivity of up to 51,200—allowing handheld shooting with faster shutter speed and smaller aperture in low-light condition, producing clear sharp images with lesser noise.
The low-intensity focus limit of EOS 90D at EV -5 provides high-precision focusing even in dimly lit conditions.
On-point Every Time
Apart from the 100% coverage optical viewfinder, the EOS 90D is also equipped with an all cross-type 45 AF points. 27 of these AF points supports up to maximum aperture of f/8, especially useful for those who would like to have a further reach through the use of teleconverters with their lenses.
The new 220,000 pixel AE sensor and EOS iTR AF (often featured in higher-end models) supports face detection even while shooting through the optical viewfinder.
While in live view, Dual Pixel CMOS AF covers 88% x 100% of the screen—providing up to 143 segments in auto selection AF and up to 5481 AF positions for manual selection.
For sports or wildlife photographer who requires that speed to capture those deciding moments, EOS 90D could shoot up to 10 frames per second even when using Servo AF (through optical viewfinder), similar to that of EOS 7D Mark II.
For those who prefers to shoot using the Vari-angle touchscreen for that unique angle and composition, Live View shooting can go up to 11 frames per second in One-shot AF and 7frames per second in Servo AF.
- AF Modes OVF: One-Shot AF, AI Servo AF, AI Focus AF | Live View: One-Shot AF, Servo AF, AI Focus AF
- AF point selection : Automatic selection, Manual selection
- AF System Points : OVF: 45 AF Points| Live View: 5,481 selectable focus positions
- Built-in Flash : YES
- Closest Focusing Distance (cm) : 39
- Continuous Shooting Speed (shots per sec) (Up to) : OVF: 10fps (One-Shot AF & AI Servo AF) | Live View: 11fps (One-Shot AF), 7fps (Servo AF)
- Digital Zoom : -
- Dimensions (Excl. Protrusions) (mm) (Approx.) : 140.7 x 104.8 x 76.8
- Drive System : Nano USM
- Effective ISO : 100 - 25,600 (H:51,200)
- Effective Pixels (megapixels) : 32.5
- Exposure Compensation OVF : ±5* stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments | Live View: ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments | AEB : ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- Eye detection : AF Live View : One-Shot AF & Servo AF
- Flash Modes : E-TTL II Autoflash, FE Lock, Manual pop-up, Retractable, Built-in
- Focal Length (35mm Equivalent) : 28.8-216.0mm (7.5x)
- Guide Number ISO 100 metres 12
- Image Resolution 6960 x 4640 (L) 4800 x 3200 (M) 3472 x 2320 (S1) 2400 x 1600 (S2) 6960 x 4640 (RAW/C-RAW)
- Image Stablizer Lens-shift type & In-body 5-axis electronic image stabilisation
- LCD Monitor (Size) (Inch) : 3.0
- LCD Monitor Resolutions (dots) : 1,040,000
- Manual Focus : YES
- Memory Card Type : SD, SDHC*, SDXC*, *UHS-I & UHS-II cards compatible
- Metering Mode : Evaluative, Partial, Spot, Centre-weighted average
- Movie Format : MP4
- Optical Zoom : 7.5x
- Optional Power : AC Power (AC Adapter AC-E6N and DC Coupler DR-E6)
- Peripheral Connections : Hi-Speed USB, HDMI (Type C) / Microphone / Headphone / Remote
- Processor Type : DIGIC 8
- Sensor Size : APS-C
- Shooting Modes : Scene Intelligent Auto, Special scene modes (Portrait, Group Photo, Landscape, Sports, Kids, Panning, Close-up, Food, Candlelight, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control), Creative filters (Grainy B/W, Soft focus, Fish-eye effect, Water painting effect, Toy camera effect, Miniature effect, HDR art standard, HDR art vivid, HDR art bold, HDR art embossed), Program AE, Shutter-priority AE, Aperture-priority AE, Manual exposure, Bulb, Custom mode 1, Custom mode 2
- Shutter Speed Range (Sec.) : OVF: 30 - 1/8000, Bulb | Live View: 30 – 1/16000, (1/16000-1/10000, electronic shutter), Bulb
- Silent Shutter : Available in Live View: Single Shot
- Standard Power Supply : Battery Pack LP-E6/LP-E6N
- Still Image Format JPEG, RAW, C-RAW, RAW + JPEG, C-RAW + JPEG
- Viewfinder Coverage (Approx.) : 100%
- Viewfinder Type : Eye-level pentaprism
- Weight (g) (Including the battery and memory card) (Approx.) *For camera kits, weight includes kit lens(es). : 1216g
- White Balance : Auto (Ambience priority), Auto (White priority), Preset (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten light, White fluorescent light, Flash), Custom White balance correction, Color temperature White balance bracketing provided * Flash color temperature information transmission possible
- X-sync (sec.) : 1/250