Canon EOS 5DS
The Freedom of High Resolution Marking a new standard in high-resolution digital SLR photography, the Canon EOS 5DS camera shatters the status quo with a new 50.6 Megapixel, full-frame CMOS sensor. Perfect for commercial and fine art photography, or any other application that calls for extremely high-resolution, the EOS 5DS is the ultimate combination of EOS performance and ultra-high megapixel capture. It features an advanced, 61-point High Density Reticular AF system that includes 41 cross-type AF points and EOS iTR AF for precise AF in numerous situations. An anti-flicker function helps provide consistent exposure and color during continuous shooting under certain lighting conditions, while a built-in bulb timer and intervalometer expands creative opportunities without the need for an additional remote control. A refined mirror control mechanism reduces vibration and a Time Release Lag setting minimizes camera shake for sharp image capture when using mirror lock-up. New features like a crop function of 1.3x and 1.6x and a Custom Quick Control screen are complemented by advanced, multi-featured Full HD Movie capture, with Time Lapse Movie, and much more. With EOS performance and 50.6 Megapixel Capture, the EOS 5DS revolutionizes high-resolution photography!
- Newly designed 50.6 Megapixel full-frame CMOS helps deliver ultra-high resolution images for large-scale printing and extensive, creative cropping, while Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors enable spectacular image quality and processing speed.
- EOS Scene Detection System features a 150,000-pixel RGB IR Metering Sensor for excellent precision.
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF including up to 41 cross-type AF points and EOS iTR allows for high precision autofocus.
- Advanced mirror control mechanism and new user-selectable shutter release time lag helps suppress camera vibration for reducing image shake.
- Anti-flicker helps compensate for flickering light sources and provides consistent exposure and color during continuous shooting.
- Built-in intervalometer and bulb timer helps deliver expanded creativity.
- 1.3x and 1.6x crop shooting adds superb flexibility, while still delivering high resolution images required for demanding applications.
- Intelligent Viewfinder II with approximately 100% viewfinder coverage.
- Full HD 30p movie capability and Time Lapse Movie function, which takes still photographs at set intervals and combines them into a Full HD movie file.
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture fast action.
- 3.2-inch ClearView II LCD monitor, 170° viewing angle, 1,040,000-dot VGA, reflection resistance with multi coating and high-transparency materials for bright and clear viewing.
- Customizable Quick Control Screen allows you to quickly change frequently used camera settings and functions.
- Support for USB 3.0.
|Type||Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex, camera|
|Recording Media||CF card
* Type I drive (Incompatible with Type II and Microdrive.)
* High-speed writing possible with UDMA CF cards.SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards
* High-speed writing possible with UHS-I SD cards.
* MultiMediaCard (MMC) cannot be used. (A card error will be displayed.)
|Image Format||Approx. 36 mm x 24mm (35mm Full-frame)|
|Compatible Lenses||Canon EF Lenses (excluding EF-S Lenses)|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF mount|
|Type||High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor|
|Pixels||Effective pixels: Approx. 50.60 megapixels
Total pixels: 53.00 megapixels
|Pixel Unit||4.14µm square|
|Total Pixels||Total Pixels: 53.00 megapixels|
|Aspect Ratio||3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)|
|Color Filter System||RGB primary color filters|
|Low Pass Filter||Fixed position in front of the image sensor|
|Dust Deletion Feature||Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
* Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter.
* At power ON: Performed for approx. 3 sec. (Operation indicated for 2 sec.)
At power Off: Performed for approx. 2 sec.
Manual operation: Performed for approx. 8.5 sec.
* Magnesium fluoride coating on the low-pass filter surface applied. Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
* The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
* The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the EOS software to automatically erase the dust spots. Manual cleaning