Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Kit EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
High Performance All-Rounder
The 4th generation model of Canon’s best-selling full-frame EOS camera EOS 5D Mark IV comes equipped with 30.4-megapixel
full-frame CMOS sensor and highly sought-after Dual Pixel CMOS AF. High-speed, high-precision AF is realized not only for stills, but also for 4K movie shooting, making pro-level footage a possibility.
Canon Log is also made available for users who are looking to shoot serious video footage. With this firmware upgrade, the dynamic range increases up to 800 percent, providing approximately 12 stops of dynamic range, even in low light.
- 30.4MP Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- 4K Movie Shooting (25 / 30p) with 4K Frame Grab
- Canon Log Capability
*Note: the firmware upgrade is a payable upgrade that requires the camera to be send in to Canon authorised service centres. It will be available in July 2017.
30.4MP full-frame CMOS sensor with 61-point reticular AFEOS 5D Mark IV
The EOS 5D Mark IV is equipped with a full-frame CMOS sensor boasting of a 30.4-megapixel image resolution, ensuring detailed depictions and beautiful tones that will satisfy pro photographers, particularly in landscape and wedding photography. Of all 61-points, all are f/8-sensitive, and 41 points are capable of cross-type AF. Large Zone AF complements the subject tracking powers of EOS iTR AF. The resulting highly precise AF works with all lens types, ranging from large aperture lenses to super telephotos attached to teleconverters, to produce sharp and crisp photographs.
* The number of active AF points and cross-type points varies depending on the lens that is used.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF & 4K Movie ShootingEOS 5D Mark IV
Dual Pixel CMOS AF realizes precise, speedy Live View shooting AF comparable to viewfinder shooting AF, reliably assisting 4K movie shooting where focusing precision is paramount. Individual frames can be extracted from this footage with the 4K Frame Grab function, making possible the documentation of fleeting scenes beyond what continuous shooting can capture*. The camera also supports touch screen operation of AF points for enhanced accuracy, as well as recording in Dual Pixel RAW (DPRAW) format, which contains information about subject depth to aid precise microadjustment of captured images for enhanced sharpness and resolution.
*Saving a still image from a single movie frame does not result in the same image quality as a normal still image.
Canon LogEOS 5D Mark IV
This firmware upgrade for EOS 5D Mark IV features a log gamma setting that maximizes dynamic range and provides a wide exposure latitude. Canon Log makes it perfect to shoot in tricky lighting conditions where there are high contrasts between bright and dark areas, as it reduces the chance of important details missed out by over / under-exposure.
The files produced using Canon Log are ideal for post-production processes where corrections, colour matching and grading are applied and provides users with a high level of creative freedom without substantially degrading the image quality. This great added feature will certainly satisfy the photographers/videographers who were looking around for extra video capability.
Image Quality with Canon Log
• When Canon Log is set, horizontal noise stripes may appear in movies depending on subject or shooting conditions. It is recommended to shoot a few test movies and check before the actual shooting. Note that noise may become more noticeable especially when you apply strong contrast during colour grading of the shot movie.
• Horizontal noise stripes tend to appear when the subject is dark and flat or [Peripheral illumin.] is set to [Enable]. This noise may also appear when ISO speed is relatively low, such as at ISO 400.
• When the noise is noticeable, it is recommended to set [Peripheral illumin.] to [Disable], shoot in brighter exposure, and perform brightness adjustment during colour grading. Also, noise may be decreased when you shoot at ISO speed lower than ISO 400 (even though the dynamic range will be narrowed).
Colour Filter Type
AF System/ Points
AF working range
AF Point Selection
Selected AF point display
AF Assist Beam
Metering Brightness Range
Custom White Balance
Depth of field preview
Viewing Angle (horizontally/vertically)
Flash Exposure Compensation
Flash Exposure Bracketing
Flash Exposure Lock
Second Curtain Synchronisation
HotShoe/ PC terminal
External Flash Compatibility
External Flash Control
Live View Mode
File Type - Stills
Still Image Type
RAW JPEG simultaneous recording
Colour Sampling (Internal recording)
High Frame Rate Movie
4K Frame Grab
Bitrate / Mbps
Compatible Satellite Navigation Systems
- GPS satellites (USA)
- GLONASS satellites (Russia)
- Quasi-Zenith Satellite Michibiki (Japan)