FUJIFILM Finepix XP-140 (Dark Silver)
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is delighted to announce the launch of the FinePix XP140, a latest addition to the XP Series of digital cameras designed for outdoor sports and other leisure activities. The XP140, to be released in late March 2019, features Fujifilm's proprietary image processing engine in its palm-sized compact body. The camera offers a variety of automated functions such as “Main Subject Recognition” to automatically recognize and track a main subject, and “eye-detection AF” to automatically focus on human eyes, making it easier than ever to capture your chosen subject perfectly. Ruggedized features have been also enhanced from previous models, including waterproof to 25m, shockproof up to 1.8m*, freezeproof to -10°C and dustproof, allowing you to use the camera in a greater variety of shooting conditions. Furthermore, this is the first XP Series model capable of recording 4K video, making it suitable for capturing both stills and videos.
The XP Series of cameras boasts cumulative global sales exceeding 6 million units**. The XP Series feature Fujifilm's proprietary color reproduction technology to produce outstanding image quality in a wide range of situations including outdoor sports and other leisure activities.
<XP140's main features>
(1) Featuring Fujifilm's proprietary image processing engine and back-illuminated CMOS sensor in a compact body
- The compact palm-sized camera body that weighs just 207g*** features Fujifilm's proprietary image processing engine and 16.4M back-illuminated CMOS sensor. It boasts a variety of automated functions including “Main Subject Recognition” to automatically recognize and track a main subject and “eye-detection AF” to automatically focus on human eyes, in addition to shutter functions such as “Smile Shutter” to capture the moment when your subject smiles and “Face Auto Shutter” to capture the moment when your subject looks at the camera front-on. These features help you capture a decisive moment with ease in premium image quality.
- There are 17 types of Advanced Filters including “Rich & Fine” for boosting brightness and color saturation at the center of the frame, and “Monochrome (NIR)” for applying brightness and contrast different from regular monochrome photos to create a dream-like effect. The effect that your chosen filter has on an image can be checked on the LCD monitor while shooting, making it easier to achieve an advanced level of artistic result.
- This camera has one-stop improvement in the highest ISO sensitivity compared to previous models. The ability to shoot at ISO12800 delivers sharp images with low-noise even in low light conditions.
(2) Four ruggedized features: Waterproof to 25m, shockproof up to 1.8m, freezeproof to -10°C and dustproof
- The XP140 complies with IP68*4, the waterproof and dustproof protection standards for products. It is waterproof to the depth of 25m, shockproof when dropped from a height of up to 1.8m, freezeproof to temperatures as low as -10°C and dustproof design against the entry of sand and dust. The ruggedized performance, enhanced from previous models, allows you to use the camera in a wide variety of shooting conditions.
- Design features for best usability in outdoor situations, such as marine sports and camping, include a slip-resistant grip and a double-locking mechanism for the battery compartment. This can also be the ideal first camera for children, as you do not have to worry about water, sand or dropping it from a height.
(3) 4K video capability and a variety of other video recording functions
- This is the first XP Series model capable of recording 4K video. Its “High-Speed Video recording” function allows you to record HD video at up to 4x frame rate to produce smooth slow-motion video even for a fast-moving subject. Enjoy a touch of creativity with the versatile video-recording functions.
(4) Bluetooth®*5 support for automatic image transfer to smartphones and tablets
- The inclusion of Bluetooth® low energy technology means photos and videos can be automatically transferred easily and instantly to a paired smart device via the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application for smartphones and tablets. You can instantly upload your favorite photos to SNS to share great memories with family and friends, adding extra enjoyment to leisure activities. The technology also syncs time and location information from your device and attaches it to images, and facilitates remote-shooting via the app, accommodating photography in a greater variety of conditions.
- *Using the “MIL-Standard 810F Method 516.5 (shock testing)” measurement method of the “MIL Standard,” a standard stipulating the durability of supplies procured by the American military, set by the United States Department of Defense
- **Cumulative total of 14 models in the XP Series, as of February 14, 2019
- ***Including battery and memory card
- *4Waterproof and dustproof protection standards for products, stipulated by IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission)
- *5The Bluetooth® word mark and logo are trademarks of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. FUJIFILM Corporation uses the marks under license.