SIRUI VTJ-1.8 Video Travel Jib – mobile camera crane / jib
Camera Jib for Field and Studio
The SIRUI VTJ 1.8 Video Travel Jib is a transportable camera crane that can be quickly and conveniently packed in the supplied, padded case.
The tubes are made of 10-layer carbon fiber. Compared with aluminum tubes, SIRUI’s 10x carbon brings a significant reduction in weight (just 2.7 kg) making the unit very portable, while also adding greater stability and reduced vibrations – something every filmmaker searches for.
Two mounting plates with 1/4″, 3/8″ and a 75 mm bowl are supplied, idea for video heads with a 75 mm diameter such as SIRUI BCH-10 and BCH-20.
The jib can hold up cameras weighing up to to 4.5 kg. This weight can be balanced with the counterweight system – simply fill the container with water or sand as needed to get great smooth tracking shots. With the camera’s weight balanced, it’s possible to film stunning 360 ° panned shots, or to smoothly move the camera up and down by 45 °.
You never know what opportunities will present themselves on location, so for added versatility, the jib can be extended from 1.27 m to 2.13 m (working length approx 1.82 m). The Auto Levelling System holds the camera always in the horizontal and guarantees distortion-free images.
To help you see what the camera sees, there is an additional platform on the centre access for mounting a monitor. For maximum stability of VTJ-1.8 should be mounted on a large, strong tripod without central column, such as the SIRUI RX tripods.
- For cameras or video heads to 4.5 kg with 1/4″, 3/8″ or 75 mm ball.
- Extra large locking knob for perfect handling, even with cold or gloved hands.
- 360 ° rotation and 45 ° tilt up and down
- Auto Levelling System – The camera always remains in the horizontal
- Counterweight – container for filling with water (approximately 5 L) or sand
- Monitor platform at the central axis
- 56 cm telescopic extensions on the boom (from 66.6 to 122.6 cm)
- Material: mounting units made of best quality aluminum and tubes made of 10x Carbon